Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ND/PL Adjustment

BeeRAD56

Reaction score
I was trying to adjust my polarizing ND filter while watching my display and the gimbal was having no part of it, so I stopped before doing any damage.

I'm looking for a Pro Tip on how to correctly adjust this type of filter.

Thanks!

I was trying to adjust my polarizing ND filter while watching my display and the gimbal was having no part of it, so I stopped before doing any damage.

I'm looking for a Pro Tip on how to correctly adjust this type of filter.

Thanks!
I am not having any trouble using two hands to make the adjustment while the drone is on the ground. One hand to hold the camera and one hand to rotate the filter.

Reactions: BeeRAD56
When I got my polarizing ND filter set I made a mark with a silver Sharpie on the outside of the lens, then I did what kenautelevo2pro describes to get the best polarizing with each of the filters. When I figured that out I made a corresponding mark on each of the filters that corresponded to the mark on the lens. Now, when I switch filters, I know exactly where the filter should be "set".

Did you mean to say "removal of the original filter"? Because when I got my Freewell Pola/ND set a week or so ago, the protective filter on the 6K camera seemed so tight I couldn't be sure it wasn't superglued/loctite'd on there. Like the OP I too didn't want to slip and tear a gimbal mount by applying too much pressure. After I consulted with other Autel Pro II 6K camera owners on FB that the filter was not in fact glued in place and that with enough persuasion and grip it could be removed, and that it was worth the trouble for the ND filters provide, I found an easy solution with materials at hand. Turns out that a medium sized zip-tie of about 8" length and 3/16" wide had just the right pitch to the teeth that when I snugged it down around the Autel filter ribs, then doubled it back in my hand it gave me enough leverage to get it loose. I was prepared to make a filter wrench if needed (they once made these things and these might be found new online still) but this was much quicker than waiting for a delivery

yeah it was on there but it wasn't all that tight to need a filter wrench. if it was hard for you to twist off, this is probably a case where you let someone else (whom you trust) give it a go. for all of my drones, I remove them on the first day and don't wait until I get a filter in hand; the sooner it comes off the better. I might put it back on loosely but a couple of drone models it took weeks for filters to come out.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials