Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NANO OWNERS: You Need To See This!

So apparently I have the correct one. But that still doesn't resolve the issue of it slowing down significantly in just slight head wind. I'll need to test it out again.
i think you mentioned in a previous post that you got your drone from "autel-pilot" before it was released, no?

just because you're gimbal has been properly affixed doesn't mean you have "the correct one." imho, there is nothing good to be gained from buying pre-released drone from an unauthorized chinese reseller at regular price. it is possible you could experience quite a few other problems besides jello effect caused by a defective gimbal setup. obviously it's not my call, if you are fine with fighting and grappling with the various issues that may arise from non-production equipment then all is well. some people enjoy the "challenge" as long as the drone is not dangerous. ultimately it sounds like autel corporate can assist if you need them to step in. it also sounds like they feel obligated to remedy the batch of drones that got out prior to launch. however, i do agree this drone is going to have trouble in the wind, regardless of when you bought it and who you bought it from. not sure how autel plans to handle this, we shall see.

i think you mentioned in a previous post that you got your drone from "autel-pilot" before it was released, no?

just because you're gimbal has been properly affixed doesn't mean you have "the correct one." imho, there is nothing good to be gained from buying pre-released drone from an unauthorized chinese reseller at regular price. it is possible you could experience quite a few other problems besides jello effect caused by a defective gimbal setup. obviously it's not my call, if you are fine with fighting and grappling with the various issues that may arise from non-production equipment then all is well. some people enjoy the "challenge" as long as the drone is not dangerous. ultimately it sounds like autel corporate can assist if you need them to step in. it also sounds like they feel obligated to remedy the batch of drones that got out prior to launch. however, i do agree this drone is going to have trouble in the wind, regardless of when you bought it and who you bought it from. not sure how autel plans to handle this, we shall see.

Nope. I ended up cancelling my order with Autel Pilot (never buy from them!) and I ended up ordering it from Amazon and got it from a place called Beach Camera located in Edison NJ.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Nope. I ended up cancelling my order with Autel Pilot (never buy from them!) and I ended up ordering it from Amazon and got it from a place called Beach Camera located in Edison NJ.
ok cool, sounds good. sorry i missed that correction. folks who order from amazon should continue to observe who they are getting their drone directly from since there are chinese merchants selling thru amazon. nothing wrong with chinese merchants except at this early stage you can't be sure what you are getting. beach camera is ok imo, they are similar to bh, adorama, etc.

ok cool, sounds good. sorry i missed that correction. folks who order from amazon should continue to observe who they are getting their drone directly from since there are chinese merchants selling thru amazon. nothing wrong with chinese merchants except at this early stage you can't be sure what you are getting. beach camera is ok imo, they are similar to bh, adorama, etc.
Got a message from Autel on IG and they stated they are going to push out a firmware update to fix the wind issue. Fingers crossed

Oh great! So if we bought from Autelpilots in China we have to send it back for replacement of the gimbal mounts? I've confirmed from the picture that mine has the incorrect installation.

Mine also has the incorrect mounts. I haven’t heard back from them.

Oh great! So if we bought from Autelpilots in China we have to send it back for replacement of the gimbal mounts? I've confirmed from the picture that mine has the incorrect installation.
I also bought mine from Autelpilots. I did not know of their reputation. It looks like I also have the mounts wrong on my drone. Can someone who knows verify this from my attached photo. I received mine Feb 1st. Mine was shipped from within the U.S. Kentucky I think. Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20220212_223302583.jpg
    PXL_20220212_223302583.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
The guy that posted the video bought his from autopilots. Still got a replacement.

Last edited:
Still waiting on a response. I assume they’re quite backlogged.

Last edited:
the video mentions the jello affect likely being caused by what you see in the photo. if you don't have jello in your videos then you probably don't have a cause for immediate action.

Makes me wonder if the parts are still the same, wouldn't mind to fix it myself.
To get brand new purchase sent for repair doesn't appeal to me at all.

Makes me wonder if the parts are still the same, wouldn't mind to fix it myself.
To get brand new purchase sent for repair doesn't appeal to me at all.
I agree. The weather here has been too cold and windy to fly outside. To see about the "jello". They do look like a different design.

the video mentions the jello affect likely being caused by what you see in the photo. if you don't have jello in your videos then you probably don't have a cause for immediate action.
For what its worth I flew the drone in my living room. It was very stable and locked in feeling . I took a video and while spinning in a circle and stationary and the was no jello jiggle or anything else. Its 17 degrees F and very windy or I would have taken it outside

Got the old style but honestly cant see how rotating it 90° will fix it, the issue is it sticking to itself which you can easily remedy with the original mount design, harder to do on the new style

also at what time stamp does he get to 15ms? not sitting through 35min of waffle

Got the old style but honestly cant see how rotating it 90° will fix it, the issue is it sticking to itself which you can easily remedy with the original mount design, harder to do on the new style

also at what time stamp does he get to 15ms? not sitting through 35min of waffle
ok you can skip all the "nonsense" and head over straight to 23 min ;)

Reactions: bakerboy
J'ai aussi les vieux caoutchoucs.
J'ai contacté autel et peut-être qu'ils m'envoient les nouveaux caoutchoucs.

je think it's easy to change them myself

J'ai aussi les vieux caoutchoucs.
J'ai contacté autel et peut-être qu'ils m'envoient les nouveaux caoutchoucs.

je think it's easy to change them myself
this is one visible difference, it is quite possible there are other hardware differences that we have not yet observed

I had emailed Autel directly. They replied today that there will be a firmware upgrade to address the issues.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen