Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano + or Mavic Mini 2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am UK based here and the new Nano + isnt quite out yet but i have pre-ordered mine. I read alot of the conversations in this forum and recently read that Nano plus owners have been having problems with pairing the RC to the phones. Although this may not be a major concern, i was wondering if i should leave it 6 months when this drone is released and let any problems it may currently have, be ironed out first. I am wanting a mini drone to add to my autel collection but should i purchase the older dji mavic mini 2 instead? Thanks folks

I have them both. I only trust one of them. Guess which one? I will say the Nano + camera is quite special though. If it were me, and I could wait. I’d simply wait and see what DJI pulls off in the next couple of months. Honestly, if mini 3 comes out it should warrant a price drop in mini 2.

I have an android and I didn't have any problems pairing

I have them both. I only trust one of them. Guess which one? I will say the Nano + camera is quite special though. If it were me, and I could wait. I’d simply wait and see what DJI pulls off in the next couple of months. Honestly, if mini 3 comes out it should warrant a price drop in mini 2.
Thanks for your reply. I am in a bit of a hurry to get one as i started a drone course recently and was told that the Evo 2 i currently have, there are more restrictions flying them than if i was to have a drone under 250g so wondering which one to get. As stated above, i am an Evo 2 owner and absolutely love it, will never part with it so the Nano + looks an amazing little thing and keen to get one so just checking what other owners think of it before hand. Thanks

Hi everyone, i am UK based here and the new Nano + isnt quite out yet but i have pre-ordered mine. I read alot of the conversations in this forum and recently read that Nano plus owners have been having problems with pairing the RC to the phones. Although this may not be a major concern, i was wondering if i should leave it 6 months when this drone is released and let any problems it may currently have, be ironed out first. I am wanting a mini drone to add to my autel collection but should i purchase the older dji mavic mini 2 instead? Thanks folks
I have an iPhone and I had no problems

Reactions: ethelsnakes
Honestly, if mini 3 comes out it should warrant a price drop in mini 2.
I highly doubt it. The Mini 2 and Mini 3 will not overlap. There is a significant price difference between them, I believe DJI will keep rolling Mini2 at the same time as Mini3 and the prices will remain unchanged.

As for my advice, since you want a travel drone, I would go for the one undetectable by Aeroscope.

Reactions: LeeInMpls
A bit late, but maybe it's still useful:
I also own a Mini 2, thus I am quite active/infamous in the DJI forum. 😁
There's massive reports of problems pairing Mini 2 with a lot of different smartphones, especially newer Samsung models and other phones under Android 12.
There presently ARE a lot of hiccups with the Nano Autel needs to address, I'll open a thread with all the issues I encountered a bit later - it's MUCH to read. ;)
But all in all, the Nano does a solid job, especially after switching off obstacle avoidance.

Thus my suggestion is:
If you just want to fly without any hassle (except with smartphone pairing) - Mini 2, it's a solid and mature drone.
If you wish to fly and capture great looking pictures - Nano Plus, beating the Mini 2's video footage big time, but needing some more attention.

As for my advice, since you want a travel drone, I would go for the one undetectable by Aeroscope.
The Nano+ is my first drone. And a big factor that makes me hesitant about any DJI product is the fact of the bands against the company (similar to those against Huawei's 5g) by the federal government, geo fencing, Aeroscope and the Chinese government's investment and ability to influence no flies like they did in Syria. While the bans are only imposed on sending technology to DJI, you never know when they will also ban the import of the drones. Autel having a headquarters in the USA is more like how Apple works so is better protected against chinese government involvement.

If my next drone is not Autel, it will be a Skydio2+.

Autel Robotics We don’t just build drones. We build solutions that inspire creativity and get first responders home safe at night. Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Bothell, Washington

Ah, we need to be a bit carefuly about that "spying" and similar accusations.
The Huawei ban happened just after Huawei overtook Apple in sales figures, which of course just must have been a plain coincidence.
There were a lot of accusations, and like in the Iraque war, there had been masses of evidence™ for firing the proceedings.
Till today, none of that evidence™ has been provided. Surprise.
I would never dare to say it smells like a purely commercial thing, like neutralizing a competitor using unfair means. No, I'd never do that.

But still, there's quite some dangers that everything made of Chinesium gets a ban sooner or later. Just depends on the commercial succe... - sorry - the degree of spying, of course.
And if we look at the user manuals of the Nano, it becomes quite clear where this drone was born. I doubt Bruce Springsteen would devote his famous song to it. :D

Last edited:
The Nano+ is my first drone. And a big factor that makes me hesitant about any DJI product is the fact of the bands against the company (similar to those against Huawei's 5g) by the federal government, geo fencing, Aeroscope and the Chinese government's investment and ability to influence no flies like they did in Syria. While the bans are only imposed on sending technology to DJI, you never know when they will also ban the import of the drones. Autel having a headquarters in the USA is more like how Apple works so is better protected against chinese government involvement.

If my next drone is not Autel, it will be a Skydio2+.

Autel Robotics We don’t just build drones. We build solutions that inspire creativity and get first responders home safe at night. Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Bothell, Washington
Good luck with the Skydio, been there done that, crashed twice, both clear fault of the drone and covered by warranty - NEVER AGAIN! Range is terrible, drone in unpredictable.

Ah, we need to be a bit carefuly about that "spying" and similar accusations.
The Huawei ban happened just after Huawei overtook Apple in sales figures, which of course just must have been a plain coincidence.
There were a lot of accusations, and like in the Iraque war, there had been masses of evidence™ for firing the proceedings.
Till today, none of that evidence™ has been provided. Surprise.
I would never dare to say it smells like a purely commercial thing, like neutralizing a competitor using unfair means. No, I'd never do that.

But still, there's quite some dangers that everything made of Chinesium gets a ban sooner or later. Just depends on the commercial succe... - sorry - the degree of spying, of course.
And if we look at the user manuals of the Nano, it becomes quite clear where this drone was born. I doubt Bruce Springsteen would devote his famous song to it. :D
What we do know is that DJI created a no fly zone in Syria that was politically motivated. That's a fact. It is also a fact that the Chinese government is highly invested in DJI. Having Headquarters, like Apple, in the USA, helps give some protection. These things absolutely guided my purchase of the Nano+. You have other criteria and I support your choices for yourself.

Good luck with the Skydio, been there done that, crashed twice, both clear fault of the drone and covered by warranty - NEVER AGAIN! Range is terrible, drone in unpredictable.
Everybody has had lemons from every company. Especially with early release purchase. The Nano is a good example. But it has improved over time, but the fanboys of other brands continue to put shade on the greatly updated machine, which has turned out pretty good. Especially for my purposes.

I am sorry you had bad luck with an American Made drone.

What we do know is that DJI created a no fly zone in Syria that was politically motivated. That's a fact. It is also a fact that the Chinese government is highly invested in DJI. Having Headquarters, like Apple, in the USA, helps give some protection.
What we know is what we were told. I don't trust any news from war zones.
DJI recently got accused of blocking DJI drones in Ukraine - and a few weeks later Ukraine ordered thousands of DJI drones. Find the mistake. :D
Chinese government invests in just everything which might help their economy. Just look at the shipping rates from China and to China. That's because the Chinese government heavily supports their domestic industry. In countries like ours (at least in "my" country) the government does the precise opposite. And instead of adopting similar and proven procedures for fostering the economy, they stubbornly stick with their ancient agenda and try to compensate losses with bans of foreign products.
There's one clear loser in that game: You and me, paying more or not even getting the products we like anymore.

But that's politics, the dirtiest business known. Let's stick with fun things. ;)

Mini 3 tout simplement. Franchement le evo + image top. Par contre le drone est pas fiable !! Il m'a fait un retour maison alors que je lui est rien demandé , cette après midi heureusement j'étais à 20 mètres de haut, il est tombé sans aucune raison.... Heureusement il est tombé dans un champ de blé il a rien .sans compter leur sav d incapable !! Mon premier autel mon dernier aussi . J'ai eu anafi ,Zino,dji,fimi je suis déçu du comportement du autel

Everybody has had lemons from every company. Especially with early release purchase. The Nano is a good example. But it has improved over time, but the fanboys of other brands continue to put shade on the greatly updated machine, which has turned out pretty good. Especially for my purposes.

I am sorry you had bad luck with an American Made drone.
2 failures tracking are not considered lemon in my opinion, just simply unreliable. The distance they claim it has is pure lie, no one ever got what they claim not even close, you can be on top of the mountain with nothing around you and S2 will disconnect at 1500FT 🙃 S2+ is a bit better but still disappointing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo