Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano + Lost in Lake - A Few Questions

mdreuben

Reaction score
My Nano+ took a bath in a lake earlier today. Totally my fault as it hit a small branch that was backlit and hard to see. It hit the branch and fell into 25 feet of water.

I do have the Autel Free Flying Service Agreement, but after reading it, I doubt if there is coverage since it’s not recoverable. Can anyone comment? I've written to Autel, and am waiting to hear back.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to upload the logs to a place where they can be retrieved. I can view them on my phone, and I see an upload button, but I'm not sure where they go. I do have an Air Data account.

Thanks everyone!

How deep is the water? I’d try to recover it if possible. I did the same thing with a Mavic Pro once. It actually came back to life. The battery was toast but the drone functions normally

For sure, if you can recover it do it, Recovered Skydio 2 and several DJi drones, all working fine after disassembly and drying it out.
BTW one was under water for 3 weeks and eventually we did recover it dragging large treble hook with weight :)

How deep is the water? I’d try to recover it if possible. I did the same thing with a Mavic Pro once. It actually came back to life. The battery was toast but the drone functions normally
The water's about 10 feet deep. It's really a marsh and I forgot to mention the snakes.

For sure, if you can recover it do it, Recovered Skydio 2 and several DJi drones, all working fine after disassembly and drying it out.
BTW one was under water for 3 weeks and eventually we did recover it dragging large treble hook with weight :)
Yeah if you can get it, fully disassemble and scrub/rinse everything in isopropyl and let dry. If the battery was low then there is a better chance, drones that go down with a full battery are much more corroded due to the active electrical circuits interacting with dissolved ions in the water.
I have no advice for snakes.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout