Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My Little Review Of The 4Hawks Raptor XR

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Only one flight with this antenna. It does take some getting used to as it is more directional than the standard antennas. It does add some weight to the controller so using a neck strap helps a lot. Being the first flight I did not want to push it out to far but 1.38 miles is nothing to sneeze at :)
If you get one and do the install you really need to be careful of small wires and do not over tighten the screws. Watching the install video a few times is a must.

Reactions: jchasa
That’s a good review.. well done !

A couple of questions :
Did you do the installation yourself ( is that you in the vid) ?
What about the remote storage back in the box?

I have to say the distance is good and more that adequate for us responsible flyers.. !

Bet OBD will be on the case for one of these soon.
At the moment, the UK distributor is not stocking this, but not sure if I am quite ready..

Anyways, again thanks for doing this.

Regards,

Cider Boy.

Yup that is my ugly mug doing the install.
For it to fit into the case you would have to undo the cables which is very easy. The bracket is held on by two spring loaded screws so that would have to be undone also. It will then fit in the side slot of the case I believe. So I been told anyways as I have not tried that yet.
I have not use my case since I got the quad so it really didn't matter to me.

They are just starting to ship out to the dealers so it should not be to long before everyone gets them.
If your comfortable installing I would find a good hobby shop that does repairs. They could do it for you.

Yup that is my ugly mug doing the install.
For it to fit into the case you would have to undo the cables which is very easy. The bracket is held on by two spring loaded screws so that would have to be undone also. It will then fit in the side slot of the case I believe. So I been told anyways as I have not tried that yet.
I have not use my case since I got the quad so it really didn't matter to me.

They are just starting to ship out to the dealers so it should not be to long before everyone gets them.
If your comfortable installing I would find a good hobby shop that does repairs. They could do it for you.
Worth the cost? ( well it was for you )

Worth the cost? ( well it was for you )
For me where I live I really never had much of a problem with video interference so if I did not have the opportunity to try it for free I cannot see myself spending 149 USD which would out to 181.27 Canadian Dollars. Since CarolinaDronz has them in stock now I see people posting on facebook and are very happy with it. One fellow has the Itelite and just installed the 4Hawks and said it was a better antenna. I'm sure different people will get different results but if you have video interference a lot the Raptor might be just the ticket.

That’s a good review.. well done !

A couple of questions :
Did you do the installation yourself ( is that you in the vid) ?
What about the remote storage back in the box?

I have to say the distance is good and more that adequate for us responsible flyers.. !

Bet OBD will be on the case for one of these soon.
At the moment, the UK distributor is not stocking this, but not sure if I am quite ready..

Anyways, again thanks for doing this.

Regards,

Cider Boy.
No, I'm not planning on buying that. I've flown 1.5 miles with the parabolic range extenders that fit behind the antennas, and that was far enough for me. I really don't have a desire to fly that far again.

I viewed the video and didn't learn much. Hopefully more testing will be done and reported. I've flown 1.3 miles with my unaltered RC.

ovrszd
I agree if you are getting that distance without any pixelation or a constant video interference message there is not much point in getting it. Many people do not even get out 900 feet without video problems. This would be a good option for them to try.
It works and more people are posting on facebook they love it. I do find the 5.8 beam a little too narrow as you have to be pretty much pointed right at the quad. In the next week or so I will be doing more testing and post the results.

Agustine since you do no use the case for hauling the drone, what do you use ?
I am trying to find something 1 foot cubic so I don't have to unbolt anything since with my MS is always a small challenge.

Thanks Agustine but I found my daughters school backpack which fits pretty nicely. Will try it for a while.
Here's a pic with 4Hawks inside.
IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0236.JPG

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evo1jg