Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My experience with Autel support (After a crash)

wonkyfist

Reaction score
First thing first, i may have some misspelling issues and what not due to me being on my phone and screen is cracked so its a pain to type and fix things. Yes is very cracked need to fix it too.

So basically the crash is my fault. I was landing the drone with all sensors off. The sun got in my eyes and i couldnt see the drone no kore but yet i had it still landing. So the drone hit a palm tree and fell to its doom.

Crash caused the camera to detach from the drone.

2 Days later, i contacted support. Took about 24-48 hours for support to contact me back. After discussion they sent me a shipping label and i sent my drone in.

About 5-7 days later i got another support email stating the issue and the cost of repair which was around 310$. Paid it and the drone was then sent to me about 1-2 weeks later back to me.

over all my experience with them during this tough times was great, they answer promptly as fast as they could. The drone was fixed with in adequate time of the invoice being paid. Now the drone is back up in the air and taking decent florida shots :)

The pics i attached were the drone first 2 shots after being repaired :)

664B5360-D13E-4B95-85A8-F2D3C8947B99.jpeg97D63DA8-6787-4344-AB03-6655E692BD34.jpeg

did they fix the cosmetic damage also? like where had scrapes etc so it looks like new? like dji service? because i have to send my aute back up to them to fix it..but was not my fault..it just dropped out of the sky..

did they fix the cosmetic damage also? like where had scrapes etc so it looks like new? like dji service? because i have to send my aute back up to them to fix it..but was not my fault..it just dropped out of the sky..

now that i think about it, i dont think they did. Most of the scrapes was on my battery which was not sent to them. And on the propeller. Which they sent back as well untouched.

just sent mine in after a crash, not sure what happened, was up about 10 ft just hovering and then on its own went sideways into a tree, came down hard on the ground. After the crash it still flew and camera still worked but could not calibrate gimble or compass and camera would go past level and would not point straight down. Hope to get it back in a month or so.

sent mine in and they said gimble pitch motor was damaged and had to be replaced, 30 bucks for parts and 60 for labor, not bad and they where very quick. Sent there 12 days ago

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
now that i think about it, i dont think they did. Most of the scrapes was on my battery which was not sent to them. And on the propeller. Which they sent back as well untouched.
I wouldn’t worry about the cosmetic scratches or scrapes others may worry about, I’d be jumping for joy like you are they fixed the more serious damage for $310.00.

With the current situation Autel is in, understaffed and other obstacles they need our support and understanding.

Congratulations, enjoy your Evo?
Paul

Well so far I got good responses from a Mr Taylor Baker from autel.sending back my drone after it crashed..still under warranty..the air data app showed that it was aircraft failure..oh by the way if yall dont know about Air data you can check it out..it provides real telemetry of your flights...motor temps..rpm.stick movement.battery life, almost everything so you will have an idea how you drone is performing..also it will tell you if you everything about a crash and what caused it...if you hit an obstacle you will see the motors had a force stop..if the prop flew off during flight it will show the instant increase in the motor speed etce..so it can give you an idea on what caused a crash .so its kind of a fool proof app so nothing could be hidden with a flight..pilot error or aircraft failure.. ..it works for the 10 most popular brand drone in the world..must check it out..Avi

Very glad to hear that autel got back to you and repaired your damaged drone quickly in at a reasonable price.
Police learn from your mistakes and become a better pilot. And please don't fly over people at the beach...

Well so far I got good responses from a Mr Taylor Baker from autel.sending back my drone after it crashed..still under warranty..the air data app showed that it was aircraft failure..oh by the way if yall dont know about Air data you can check it out..it provides real telemetry of your flights...motor temps..rpm.stick movement.battery life, almost everything so you will have an idea how you drone is performing..also it will tell you if you everything about a crash and what caused it...if you hit an obstacle you will see the motors had a force stop..if the prop flew off during flight it will show the instant increase in the motor speed etce..so it can give you an idea on what caused a crash .so its kind of a fool proof app so nothing could be hidden with a flight..pilot error or aircraft failure.. ..it works for the 10 most popular brand drone in the world..must check it out..Avi
Yes yes, do not ever fly without the app on, it collects flight logs. Logs are stored on the drone or on the app. If you are not using the app and you have a fly away like I did, Autel will not help you. Your buying another drone.

Never heard of it View attachment 7893 Care to explain more about this mystery App?
Airdata UAV this is the name if the app..download it and register using the same email account you use to register your autel..the app will even have the flight logs from the past..when you pay for the app you can get more detailed telemetry readings of everything about the drone..now this works for any of the top 10 brand drones in the world..look it up on google and you will have an idea what i am talking about..

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yes now that you have a name for the App I have heard of it. Kind of funny how everyone complains about DJI data breach but they have no problem joining a 3rd party web site and up loading all their information to god knows where. ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d