Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My evo 2 occasionally won't shut down it's motors when it lands. Does anyone else have this occasional issue happen to them?

Welp, update. Three IMU calibrations and one obstacle avoidance sensor calibration and the issue persists ::(

Welp, update. Three IMU calibrations and one obstacle avoidance sensor calibration and the issue persists ::(

I'm sure you have but....have you tried just leaving the sticks in the middle after it lands to see if it will shut down? Mine occasionally takes a long time to shut down or won't shut down when sent the stick shut down command so after landing and sending the shutdown command via the sticks I then return them to the center and just wait.

Also, at night does the spotlight turn on as you get closer to the ground? Maybe the downward sensor is not working properly.

Doing the inward motion doesn't make the motors stop. The drone can't tell it's on the ground. It just changes the RPM of the motors according to the sticks. If I hold the sticks in that position too much, the drone might flip/damage the props.

Yep, the light under the drone goes solid( i keep it on 2sec flashes). I tested the accurate landing feature and the drone positioned itself with centimeter precision on the lading pad. Right after it basically lands with pinpoint accuracy, the motors won't shut down...

I'm sure you have but....have you tried just leaving the sticks in the middle after it lands to see if it will shut down? Mine occasionally takes a long time to shut down or won't shut down when sent the stick shut down command so after landing and sending the shutdown command via the sticks I then return them to the center and just wait.

Also, at night does the spotlight turn on as you get closer to the ground? Maybe the downward sensor is not working properly.
Have noticed that the props will sit there and spin for a while, sometimes longer than what might want or need depending on where and what doing. Next time they just sit there and spin, try pulling left stick down, right stick down and to the left and motors stop. Stumbled on this by accident, it may or may not work.

Have noticed that the props will sit there and spin for a while, sometimes longer than what might want or need depending on where and what doing. Next time they just sit there and spin, try pulling left stick down, right stick down and to the left and motors stop. Stumbled on this by accident, it may or may not work.

You sure you're not getting a "Gimbal not ready" message? I can't take off when that error appears either, but the auto takeoff button seems to bypass it.

You should also try an RC calibration.

You sure you're not getting a "Gimbal not ready" message? I can't take off when that error appears either, but the auto takeoff button seems to bypass it.

You should also try an RC calibration.
Nope, when I get the Gimbal not ready message, I hold on the ground and wait until it clears before trying to power up. I cant remember ever doing an auto takeoff with the E2P, or if I did, it was only once or twice over a year ago when I got my first EVO. What I have seen is upon landing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy