Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My 12 days old Autel Evo crashed

.....Best way to correct from a Fly Away as you see it happen is to switch to ATTI and return home manually.

How do you manually switch to ATTI? I had a flyaway once and luckily it got caught on a tree on it's way over the horizon. Might be good knowledge to have, although time from it bolting to crashing was about 5 seconds, so it might be tough to initiate in time.

How do you manually switch to ATTI? I had a flyaway once and luckily it got caught on a tree on it's way over the horizon. Might be good knowledge to have, although time from it bolting to crashing was about 5 seconds, so it might be tough to initiate in time.
Couldn't find a video for the EVO, but this is how it's done for the XSP.

Reactions: Alaska
ok I understand your meaning now, well, you can absolutely expect interference specially if the car is closed unless you get a car antenna setup from Titan or anyone else that makes it. you are not the only one that likes to stay toasty, but you are also looking for trouble not having line of sight as if you loose GPS you are pretty screwed getting your bearings. Get some warm clothes and tactile screen gloves and fly as you should.

Reactions: Phillyjon
I don't know of any method to put an EVO into ATTI mode manually. That function is automatic with no override.

Reactions: Phillyjon
ok I understand your meaning now, well, you can absolutely expect interference specially if the car is closed unless you get a car antenna setup from Titan or anyone else that makes it. you are not the only one that likes to stay toasty, but you are also looking for trouble not having line of sight as if you loose GPS you are pretty screwed getting your bearings. Get some warm clothes and tactile screen gloves and fly as you should.
Flying from inside a car is not a new thing. People have been doing it for years. I just about always sit in the side door of my van when the weather is nice. You simply set the drone up and do your calibration at least 15 feet from the car that is only because of the metal in the car body. You have to keep the drone within you field of view when flying but that covers a huge area. The glass has no effect on the WIFI signal. If you want to stand out there in the snow freezing you whatever of that is fine, me I like to stay warm.:)

Out of curiosity. What were you trying to do next to the chain link fence?
I was trying to bring it back to me but the Evo was uncontrollable. I didn't have any other choice than to crash it.

I’ve had thee same exact issue with my brand new evo, I was working directly with autel sales reps and had all of thee newest updated firmware remote, drone and gimble all calibrated correctly. Sensors clean the works.. it essentially happened two diff times to me and with no other resolution I had to ship mine back to autel to work on.. doing the waiting process now for it back. I don’t know if there is a random batch of them out there that there having problems with or just need some more work in for better firmware update or what. I’ve flown dji’s many of times from exact same locations and never no problems, I really like the evo and because gave autel a shot and having these problems...However there service and sales have been above and beyond Top Notch that I could have ever imagined and they have been really working with me personally and also to fix these issues. So until I get mine back and hopefully everything is good togo I shall let ya know!
Whatever you do if you take off and the home point problem comes up on controller, bring it directly back in or it may end up dropping out the sky half mile up the road on your neighbors garage “like me”! Lol

Reactions: macoman
I had the same thing happen, was coming in for auto landing, all was normal, then approx 10 ft from the ground i got got the message for correction or something like that, then evo decided to overcorrect 8 foot sidways into a tree, tried to re gain control but it insisted it wanted to go to the tree wich it did. Luckly for me there was about 8" of snow on the ground (45 deg and sunny) so no damage was done. Have not flown since, kinda un nerving.

Update: I took the evo for a test flying on the same location where I took off the last time when it crashed and flew extremely well. I will upload the video this coming weekend. This time I stayed outside in the field without going inside my car.

Reactions: Phillyjon and Ansia
After watching this again I noticed it's acting just like mine did when it was doing an emergency landing but i was overriding it with the sticks. Is there any chance it's battery was low enough at that point to do an emergency landing?

The part that I like is at the end when you see the birds flying away. Adds to the sad song playing in the background.

After watching this again I noticed it's acting just like mine did when it was doing an emergency landing but i was overriding it with the sticks. Is there any chance it's battery was low enough at that point to do an emergency landing?
Battery was around 70% to 80% so it was not the battery. I tested my drone couple of days ago and it's completely normal. I think it definitely was acting up when the gimbal was like that. At this point, I decided to keep my aircraft.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58