Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Moverio

Jubz

Reaction score
Been thinking about the Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV smart glasses that runs on Android 5.1. They have DJI's app working on it; I was wondering about the Autel.

Has anyone side-loaded the Autel Explorer Android app onto this Moverio; does it work with any limitations?

1200Wx1200H

Apparently there is some coding to be done just to get them to run with different versions of the Mavic, so I am not hopeful.

DOOOODS...
I just got the BT-300 and tested last night with the EVO...ran perfectly! I side loaded with the APK coming off of my Samsung S9+ using APK Extractor. Loaded up fine, then even updated the EVO with it. Took a short flight, just to test. No issues that I can see, no special things done to the BT-300 at all. Looking great. You can side load Amazon app store, approved by Epsons video. Trying to get GAPPS on there...will see. First thing I did was uninstall DJI GO and load my patched DJI GO. Loaded up Anafi app, but there is a sync error, so will see. These glasses are great, but pricey. I went through Rochester Optical and got the goggle package, so you can totally block all light, IF you want to. I wear 1.5+ readers, but don't need them using these glasses. Super sharp.

Great news about the BT-300 and the Autel Explorer app! Thanks for checking this out. Does Google Maps work?

Last edited:
Ok, No maps at all...well...I take that back. There is a chicom map that comes up, but it never gets your position from GPS. I installed Google Maps from here: How to root Epson Moverio BT-300
There is root how to, and I can confirm Google maps working from the Google Maps .apk in this thread. I could not get Google maps working in the EVO app, it doesn't even see it to use it.
I have also tried to get Google apps working. No dice so far. I believe once that is working, google maps will work in the app.

If anyone has ideas, let us know.

In order to get the maps working, I am sure we need the play store working. If anyone finds how, post it here.

I have an UPDATE and a FIX for the non-working google maps!!!
GO here: Box
download the .zip and follow the .txt file...You do not need to install apkpure, but it's good anyway. Instructions are for Anafi and Freeflight 6, but this works great to fix the Autel app. I didn't install the fakeGPS or the GPS status.
Maps work like they are supposed to!! Wahooooo!!

download the .zip and follow the .txt file...You do not need to install apkpure, but it's good anyway. Instructions are for Anafi and Freeflight 6, but this works great to fix the Autel app. I didn't install the fakeGPS or the GPS status.
Awesome, thanks for this!

Also, one more point with this...and its really for the Anafi...but it wouldn't hurt to do this for the Evo as well. In the .zip is the install for GPSSampleForMoverio_1.0.apk
What this program does is to turn on the Moverio's GPS and leaves it on. For some reason the Anafi software, FreeFlight doesn't turn on the GPS, so you run this every time before running FreeFlight. I don't think the Autel Explorer app has that problem, but doesn't hurt to run this anyway before flying. I have not had time to test this a whole lot, so not sure if you need to run this or not for the Evo. Cool program though..you get to see visually Sat connections.
One more thing...something I didn't know. the apkpure app is great. It tracks your installed apps, like Google Play and will notify you if they need updating. I didn't need to create an account. It just works!

Do you have real world sight when wearing these (IE can you see what is going on through the glasses depending on you focus)?

Do you have real world sight when wearing these (IE can you see what is going on through the glasses depending on you focus)?
absolutely. Unless you get the goggles from Rochester Optical (highly recommend this) and use the black lens to block out all light, then they become similar to a fat shark, but simple to take the lens off the front(it is held by magnets) and see right through the display. These are fantastic.

Would it be possible to get a document on how to side load this? Or a few links? I've attempted to side load a few other applications with out luck. I know its something in the path I take to install.

So the Moverio is not a phone obviously and is only connected via wifi when connected at all, correct? When you say you got Google Maps working, do you mean that it ACTUALLY uses Google Offline downloaded maps, or do you mean you can cache maps in the Autel Explorer app? See the other threads about 'no map detail'. I'm wondering if this same patch might work for the rest of us that just want Google Offline Maps to work with Explorer.

LP

absolutely. Unless you get the goggles from Rochester Optical (highly recommend this) and use the black lens to block out all light, then they become similar to a fat shark, but simple to take the lens off the front(it is held by magnets) and see right through the display. These are fantastic.
Thanks for the link and all the extra info.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials