Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

More Explorer app waypoint mission weirdness

RaceTrak

Reaction score
Tried to make my first waypoint mission yesterday - discovered the ridiculous pause at each waypoint "feature" - but also was annoyed by the behavior of the camera action.

Specifically, I told it to start taking video a point 1, and gave no further actions, but the video stopped at point 2.

I then tried to tell it to start video at every waypoint, but it stopped taking video at each point, then started again, so I ended up with a series of clips.

Am I doing something wrong or is that just the way it is?

I love the drone itself, but so far I'm extremely underwhelmed by the app and programmed flight options.

Any tips for doing more cinematic type work would be greatly appreciated... (tips other than "practice manual flying," preferably... haha)

plenty of good threads on the camera starting and stopping....i don't remember where we left it but i ended up manually starting the video before my mission and taking all the camera commands out of the mission itself; this works ok for vid but maybe not so much for photos.

Reactions: BlairAir
plenty of good threads on the camera starting and stopping....i don't remember where we left it but i ended up manually starting the video before my mission and taking all the camera commands out of the mission itself; this works ok for vid but maybe not so much for photos.
This is about right, I usually start the video as it ascends to starting point or just before 1st waypoint. Also confusing is if you set POI at WP7 for example, it will not point to that subject until you leave WP7 for WP8. As to photos they work okay, with some quirks you can figure out by some experimentation. The one I really want to master is Hyperlapses, that run over the entire mission, as illustrated by YouTube channel "Drone Labs" - he does some powerful imagery. 😎

Tried to make my first waypoint mission yesterday - discovered the ridiculous pause at each waypoint "feature" - but also was annoyed by the behavior of the camera action.

Specifically, I told it to start taking video a point 1, and gave no further actions, but the video stopped at point 2.

I then tried to tell it to start video at every waypoint, but it stopped taking video at each point, then started again, so I ended up with a series of clips.

Am I doing something wrong or is that just the way it is?

I love the drone itself, but so far I'm extremely underwhelmed by the app and programmed flight options.

Any tips for doing more cinematic type work would be greatly appreciated... (tips other than "practice manual flying," preferably... haha)
I have run into the same issues. Some comments from Autel Support below. I haven't tried their suggestions yet.

"I can confirm this action can be a little tricky. To achieve continuous recording through each waypoint, you must leave the waypoint entirely blank. There is an option for no option, but even that will stop recording. The waypoint must read "No camera action at the current waypoint" for the camera to continue recording."

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials