Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Moonlight Algorithm test footage on the Lite+

Andrew01

Reaction score

Check this out. It shows clips of both night mode and super night mode in good quality. It's incredibly bright and clear and I love the look, so much color comes out. Pretty impressive to say the least.

However, the results aren't perfect as best I can tell on just my phone screen and YouTube compression. Something looks "fakey" about it on some of the smaller structures in supernight, almost CGI like from the denoise, flat shaded sides of buildings in places.

Maybe it's just me. Any thoughts?

I am trying to decide between Lite+ and Mavic 3, and low light is very important to me, for now I think Mavic 3 wins, but I am not so sure yet, from Mavic 3 I have already seen a lot and I know what to expect, from Lite+ there are not many samples. I like those images but as you say, there is some processing going on, there is a lot of contrast, like an HDR. I think this drone doesn't have manual adjustments yet, right? I need to see some night video with different adjustments and the most important: the LOG mode. Only then we can compare with Evo 2 Pro and Mavic 3, about Air 2S, it seems Lite+ can easily beat Air 2S in low light.
There are also these 2 videos, that look amazing but still with the same doubts, also these have the Autel logo, maybe these images come from Autel, and they are accelerated for some reason, but I don't think they are hyperlapse.

Also a good comparison in italiano, but no dense city images as I would like to compare, again, it seems Lite+ has a lot of processing to enhance the colors and increase the sharpness, which might be good to post videos right out of the camera, but not for editing. But it has potential to be very close or better than Mavic 3 once we see the LOG mode.

Check this out. It shows clips of both night mode and super night mode in good quality. It's incredibly bright and clear and I love the look, so much color comes out. Pretty impressive to say the least.

However, the results aren't perfect as best I can tell on just my phone screen and YouTube compression. Something looks "fakey" about it on some of the smaller structures in supernight, almost CGI like from the denoise, flat shaded sides of buildings in places.

Thanks for the link. I don't see anything "fakey" when viewed on my 4K monitor. Pretty impressive for Auto, straight-off-the-card night video!

Reactions: Andrew01
There's a guy with a youtube channel (California Phantom) who has both the M3 and Lite+ who says the M3 does take better video but once it's on Youtube any advantage disappears.

Basically it really depends on where you plan on using the photos or video. If you want granular control you won't find it in either the Sky or Fly apps like you would in the Autel Explorer or DJI Go 4 apps. Maybe later on that will change.

How do you know which night mode to pick>?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy