Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Monitoring SD card free space left available while in flight

noidsr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to EVO 2 Pro, and was wondering if there is a way to monitor how much storage free space left (or how much is used already) while in flight and recording. I did not find anywhere, maybe I missed it but it would be very handy while in the air filming.

No specifics, I start video at launch, turn off at land, typical flight ~~20minutes and have never got close to filling a 32G card

Reactions: John Hennessy
No specifics, I start video at launch, turn off at land, typical flight ~~20minutes and have never got close to filling a 32G card
There are situations when you need to do multiple flights with several bateries and you do 6K filming. To check how much space left on your card you would have to carry a laptop to check. It gets very incovenient to manage your project unless you have many cards and put a new card everytime you take off.

Reactions: UasDriver
For each long flight, a card. This is my principle.
At least you are sure that a recording crashes on one flight, you don't lose all the other flights.
If you can afford a $ 2,000 drone, you can afford to put $ 35 in a card.
4 batteries, instead of taking a 256 Gb card, (which will never be filled), I prefer to take four 32 Gb cards.
Better to lose just in case, a 32 Gb card than the whole 256 Gb card with all the flights of the day.

At least you are sure that a recording crashes on one flight, you don't lose all the other flights.
4 batteries, instead of taking a 256 Gb card, (which will never be filled), I prefer to take four 32 Gb cards.
Better to lose just in case, a 32 Gb card than the whole 256 Gb card with all the flights of the day.
Sure, this is one way of doing it. I appreciate it. Thanks for your suggestion.

I feel better with multiple 64gb or 128gb cards when shooting in 6k but yes, it's a good idea to spread the risk.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials