Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Modeling with E2 Enterprise?

I have seen quite a few GIS hobbyists using video from an orbit and extracting the video frames as inputs into the Structure from Motion photogrammetry solutions. WebODM is a fantastic tool for experimentation if you have a decent computer. obviously video frames do not compare to proper still photos but can be useful in a pinch.

I have seen quite a few GIS hobbyists using video from an orbit and extracting the video frames as inputs into the Structure from Motion photogrammetry solutions. WebODM is a fantastic tool for experimentation if you have a decent computer. obviously video frames do not compare to proper still photos but can be useful in a pinch.
I will check WebODM out. I have a very high end desktop computer. I wonder if WebODM can create thermal maps.

I will check WebODM out. I have a very high end desktop computer. I wonder if WebODM can create thermal maps.
Since WebODM is constantly being enhanced as user contributions continue it is a very useful tool to have installed and experiment with. Maybe it wont pay the bills just yet but the capabilities have increased significantly since I first installed in 2018. I believe it can generate an ortho from any type of imagery that has consistent signature and overlap including thernal, multispectral, etc..
There are alot of suctom settings that can be adjusted depending on if you are after orthos only or 3D models or DTM/DSM's, etc..

They have a new windows installer that is very smooth to install, it can be obtained for a one-time donation to the project then comes with lifetime updates.

The key is, orbits or manually flying drone around the structure at different altitudes and as low as you can get with you raising your gimble to the sweet spot, start High with a gimble at like 60 degrees and work your way down after completing a full run around the object, if more than one object of matter reap this on them

Attachments

• Model.jpg
    Model.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I made a model of a castle on a golf course for the same reason: kind of an icon of old Vegas that I wanted to save for posterity. The automatic 3d scan I made using the Evo Enterprise was good from the top, but bad on the walls. My solution was to manually go around the building about 10 feet off the ground, taking manual pictures every few feet. Worked out really well and I'm pleased with the model.

Reactions: jmason702
See attachments. What technique would recommend to create 3D Models of these buildings (red arrows)? A number of rectangular grid surveys at same altitude above the buildings capturing oblique images (15, 30, 45, 60, 90 degrees)? or Orbital Surveys around the buildings at different altitudes? Combination?

Hold Down Shift Key to use 3D rotation.

Attachments

• 3525 Sage Rd Houston.jpg
    3525 Sage Rd Houston.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 5050 Woodway Dr Houston.jpg
    5050 Woodway Dr Houston.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 3
See attachments. What technique would recommend to create 3D Models of these buildings (red arrows)? A number of rectangular grid surveys at same altitude above the buildings capturing oblique images (15, 30, 45, 60, 90 degrees)? or Orbital Surveys around the buildings at different altitudes? Combination?

Hold Down Shift Key to use 3D rotation.

orbital at different elevations and degrees, also manual up and down the side of builds where room will allow it

Camera gimbal at 0 deg or at oblique angle?
The goal is to capture oblique without capturing the horizon as much as possible. 3d reconstruction wants to see every nook and cranny of the subject, with overlap, and anything that is not your subject, especially sky and distant objects, confuses the software.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t