Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission - will RTH when battery gone down to critical?

JANGER

Reaction score
Hi,

will RTH activate during Mission Flight, at the moment when battery left only to return to home point?

Or should I alway check battery level and compare with mission calculated time with some additional safe margin ?

The drone will always override and perform RTH upon low battery.
Indeed, confirmed this morning :) With the first low battery warning, RTH alert pops up, there is some time to cancel RTH otherwise the mission will be aborted and RTH procedure will start.

Reactions: JANGER
You usually set RTH to be higher than the highest obstacle, up to 400' to prevent a collision.

Great!

Is this a matter what we set at mission in case of connection broke? RTH or HOVER?

Indeed, confirmed this morning :) With the first low battery warning, RTH alert pops up, there is some time to cancel RTH otherwise the mission will be aborted and RTH procedure will start.

SOrry I meant battery settings - threshold before going to RTH.
What I do is always have 60% or more at the farthest point I am traveling. That way I make sure I will have enough battery to get it back. I have my first warning at 45% and second warning at 30%.

Reactions: Tufargon
Great!

Is this a matter what we set at mission in case of connection broke? RTH or HOVER?

RTH or HOVER is a Finish Action - what should drone do after the mission is over. I'm not 100% sure but in case of connection lost before mission is over, the mission will continue. According to app manual, a mission is ended in case of low battery / critical low battery warning or GPS signal too weak. It doesn't say about connectivity lost. If you expect there is a risk of connection lost, then set Finish Action to RTH, mission will continue till the last action and then the bird will come back.

RTH or HOVER is a Finish Action - what should drone do after the mission is over. I'm not 100% sure but in case of connection lost before mission is over, the mission will continue. According to app manual, a mission is ended in case of low battery / critical low battery warning or GPS signal too weak. It doesn't say about connectivity lost. If you expect there is a risk of connection lost, then set Finish Action to RTH, mission will continue till the last action and then the bird will come back.
When connection is lost between the RC and AC and no mission is in progress, the drone will always perform a RTH.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791