Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission Planner... Fly at AGL using sensors

stealthyeti

Reaction score
Frist post! Thanks for taking a look.

I've been requested to perform a flight that will be point of view as you approach a property. The client would like me to fly at 10ft AGL . Is there a way to use the sensors on the bottom to fly at 10 AGL instead of a specified altitude? Reason is because the terrain is not flat.

Is there another software that would accomplish this that I might use?

Thanks!

if the customer is willing to pay you for a new drone in the event of a crash, you can try to do so. Finally you can do a mission impossible remake.
No current drone is capable of doing this (apart from military drones, but we are not in the same toy category).
The sensors are not used to measure the ground-drone distance but to avoid an obstacle in vertical descent but not in translation.
And no current software is capable of doing what you ask.
Your client can do this himself by holding a camera at the end of a 10ft pole and running to his house .....

Reactions: stealthyeti
No idea of the cost to set up, but a Skycam type of setup would likely be more feasible, to achieve the client's vision.

Your client can do this himself by holding a camera at the end of a 10ft pole and running to his house ....

If the pole is manufactured in China, DJI geo-permissions might be needed... ?

Reactions: UasDriver
it never amazing me how some of those yt videos choose to use a drone for something a GoPro camera on the end of a long stick will suffice (no risk). for example, tracking and following. why have the drone right on top of you where all you can see is your upper body and the top of the vehicle/frame. the beauty is to fly 100ft or just skimming the top of the trees....anyway, you asked: I believe you can create a mission using MSL instead of AGL. fly a route and "mission record it" and use the altitude data and create a mission making the adjustments, no? I've never done it before and to be honest, I'm not quite sure what it means but might be worth looking into.

Reactions: davery87
You could also just hand fly the mission. Make note of starting location (e.g. GPS lat/lon), elevation, gimbal angle, heading, then hand fly the mission to the destination, either flat, or rise and lower for obstacles, then noting end location.

You could also just hand fly the mission. Make note of starting location (e.g. GPS lat/lon), elevation, gimbal angle, heading, then hand fly the mission to the destination, either flat, or rise and lower for obstacles, then noting end location.
You can hand fly her using the new RECORD MISSION In mission planner. I recorded a few missions even before upgrading too2.6.22 and it worked. Start a flight, every time you want to record a foto, tap the foto button. It will have in the XIF the coordinates, height and gimbal angle for MISSION PLANNER.

Were you able to get the mission planner to record mission for video? So far have only been able to get it to work with photos.

Can’t be that difficult for Autel programmers to figure out an automated AGL
feature.

Can’t be that difficult for Autel programmers to figure out an automated AGL
feature.
Can't be that difficult for Autel product/program managers to figure out the value and benefit of an automated AGL feature as well as all the other feature request, suggestions in this forum.

Reactions: aebiv
if the customer is willing to pay you for a new drone in the event of a crash, you can try to do so. Finally you can do a mission impossible remake.
No current drone is capable of doing this (apart from military drones, but we are not in the same toy category).
The sensors are not used to measure the ground-drone distance but to avoid an obstacle in vertical descent but not in translation.
And no current software is capable of doing what you ask.
Your client can do this himself by holding a camera at the end of a 10ft pole and running to his house .....
What do you mean?
Are you familiar with the whole concept of "optical flow positioning"?

The Autel heavily relies on that to hover precisely and I can assure you it uses it to increase positioning accuracy.

Reactions: aebiv

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays