Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission performance further degrades with v2.3.23

yarrr

Reaction score
I didn't think it could get worse, but after upgrading firmware this morning, I can't believe it.

At the end of each transect line, the vehicle now slows down, stops, turns moves slowly, then BACKS UP, before turning into the next transect line.

Consistently adds 40 seconds at each transect for a mission supposedly being flown at 9 m/s. This is not accounted for in mission planning.

And, while using the Standard Controller, missions randomly "completed" after a couple minutes of flying. Repeated three times, then I landed and resumed the mission and it stopped again at a similar time interval.

To be fair, I just ran a similar mission using the Smart Controller, and it did not prematurely quit.

Maybe I'm jaded after breaking out my old 3dr Solo, or seeing a Matrice M300 demo yesterday. It's almost enough to make me go to the dark side.

I agree that the time while "turning" for the next transect is not accounted for as part of the mission time. Clearly, something that all pilots need to be aware of.

Regarding backing up, I do not know how much yours is doing it, but I believe this is a normal part of recalibrating the GPS/RTK position. In my missions, these only happen for a second or two at the end of each transect and then the flight continues.

Regarding backing up... this is a normal part of recalibrating the GPS/RTK position.
That is definitely not a standard GNSS practice. Totally unnecessary. Think of all of the heavy machinery, surveyors in the field, etc; not to mention fixed wing UAVs; that maintain fix without any sort of recalibration.

Probably another one of those lines of code "borrowed" from DJI. In the M300/L1 Lidar demo that I went to, they showed a similar backing within the mission. In this case, it was to calibrate the IMU on the gimballed lidar rig. Completely inapplicable to RTK with a normal camera.

And another joy learned today- the overall mission speed has been reduced with this current firmware.

Tried to re-fly a previous mission that had been at 7 m/s. Now it was limited to 5 m/s with the same overlap settings...

All more "updates" that make this tool less efficient for someone trying to use is professionally.

And for what its worth, I don't mean to be a whiner. I came to this forum trying to decide if the Evo II was a good choice for me. I found the other users here to be extremely helpful. So I'm trying to share my actual experiences with this product with other users and potential users. And I'm just waiting for those experiences to be positive.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t