Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission Camera Settings

Malli35998

Reaction score
Website
www.raptoraerialservices.com
I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I have found some info but not exactly what I need.

My primary work is aerial mapping. I mostly fly Polygon Missions. I am constantly having problems with the camera settings during a Mission. Typically, I will go up prior to the survey and fly using Camera mode to ensure I know what camera settings will work best. I also set the Manual Focus at about 100-150' AGL. I can get everything to generally work ok using the Camera option. No so, when flying a Mission. The only 2 settings I can generally change is AUTO/MANUAL ISO MODE and AF/MF. The other settings I have not been able to figure out how to change. My goal, is the duplicate camera settings I use in the CAMERA mode for MISSIONS. There may be a simple solution that I am not doing. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Reactions: edgardcafe
I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I have found some info but not exactly what I need.

My primary work is aerial mapping. I mostly fly Polygon Missions. I am constantly having problems with the camera settings during a Mission. Typically, I will go up prior to the survey and fly using Camera mode to ensure I know what camera settings will work best. I also set the Manual Focus at about 100-150' AGL. I can get everything to generally work ok using the Camera option. No so, when flying a Mission. The only 2 settings I can generally change is AUTO/MANUAL ISO MODE and AF/MF. The other settings I have not been able to figure out how to change. My goal, is the duplicate camera settings I use in the CAMERA mode for MISSIONS. There may be a simple solution that I am not doing. Any thoughts/suggestions?
When you go into mission mode and select your mission, you should see your mission map etc. Look up towards top left side and you should see a small sliver like icon with a white small arrow. Click on that (its a PITA sometimes to click as its small) and a pop out will appear, click on that and you will have camera view, and ability to change all of your camera settings. You can also program your controller buttons to display the camera window which is easier than tapping the small popout window.

Reactions: yarrr and troya
When you go into mission mode and select your mission, you should see your mission map etc. Look up towards top left side and you should see a small sliver like icon with a white small arrow. Click on that (its a PITA sometimes to click as its small) and a pop out will appear, click on that and you will have camera view, and ability to change all of your camera settings. You can also program your controller buttons to display the camera window which is easier than tapping the small popout window.
Thanks so much for reminding me. I realize I need to set camera setting prior to flying. I have been trying to change camera setting during the flight.

Thanks so much for reminding me. I realize I need to set camera setting prior to flying. I have been trying to change camera setting during the flight.
No worries, also keep in mind that you can adjust your mission camera settings while in the air and before start of a mission. Granted, set what you can before take off, then adjust as needed.

No worries, also keep in mind that you can adjust your mission camera settings while in the air and before start of a mission. Granted, set what you can before take off, then adjust as needed.
I updated Autel Explorer and firmware to the latest version. Camera settings worked fine during the mission prior to and during flights.

Reactions: gschulzuio

We run all auto except with Sunny WB. 150ft AGL is pretty common but we go up as high as 250ft if it's a 100ac+.

I am a little off topic but has anyone else noticed issues with the timing of the captures? I had a mapping mission set for 80/65 @ 150ft AGL and manually brought the speed down to 8mph. All seems typical but I could see on the screen that it was taking a picture about every second instead of two or so?

Reactions: jmason702
I am a little off topic but has anyone else noticed issues with the timing of the captures? I had a mapping mission set for 80/65 @ 150ft AGL and manually brought the speed down to 8mph. All seems typical but I could see on the screen that it was taking a picture about every second instead of two or so?
At 150 AGL I would drop mapping speed down to around 5 to 6 mph. OTOH, did a map mission other day and set it for 7MPH at 200' AGL, 85% front, 75% side and Autel mission adjusted down to 5MPH when mission launched, stopped, restarted mission at about 6mph and all was good. Following is an example of downscaled version of orthophoto taken with EVO II from 200' AGL 6mph, 85% front, 75% side, cloudy, rectangular pattern via autel mission processed with ODM (command line version).MarinaEveODM_081422smlaw.png

You might have to do some experimenting to see what works for you.

At 150 AGL I would drop mapping speed down to around 5 to 6 mph. OTOH, did a map mission other day and set it for 7MPH at 200' AGL, 85% front, 75% side and Autel mission adjusted down to 5MPH when mission launched, stopped, restarted mission at about 6mph and all was good. Following is an example of downscaled version of orthophoto taken with EVO II from 200' AGL 6mph, 85% front, 75% side, cloudy, rectangular pattern via autel mission processed with ODM (command line version).View attachment 14759

You might have to do some experimenting to see what works for you.
I understand where you are going but this is inconsistent. Most of the time it shoots right around the typical 2 second interval which if calc'd from the image coverage is the correct speed for 150ft. Of course this is in good light and it would be slowed and/or the expo brought down.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller