Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Meet the EVO!!! Autel's new bird!!

the yuneec i

I am interested in suing Autel in a class action suit to release the XSP SDK, in whatever form it is in, to those XSP owners who are interested. Is anyone on this forum a lawyer who can help? Many of us bought the XSP in part for what was adamantly promised, especially the SDK. I think Autel is obliged to release the SDK for the XSP in its current form to those XSP owners who want it, otherwise compensate us. Im serious, Who is IN? Is there a lawyer in the house to file on our behalf, maybe in Washington State, otherwise I will file for us, Pro Per (in Michigan) and give it a try, though I am not a lawyer.... arto.
This has certainly got my attention but I'd advise a consultation with a Class Action Attorney to determine if there are legal grounds for such a suit. If you are willing to do the leg work for that and report on this blog your finds then it should not be too hard to gather support. It only makes sense because Autel made a promise to XS owners and many who made a purchase on that promise and they did not deliever. That is usually considered a con or scam. So if you are serious go for it. I'm game if you find out whether or not you have a Class Action lawsuit.

Hmmmm, not going to get involved in this but i do wish you guys good luck because you are going to need it :)

Me thinks you have a long road ahead of you and the EVO will be replaced with something else by the time that case goes anywhere :)

Reactions: Sundog775 and KentA
If Autel just dropped the X-Star and discontinued any future upgrades (1" camera, retractable landing gear and all the other stuff mentioned at CES last year, etc.) and now says it will not release the SDK for it after it supposedly said it would release the SDK, how could you have any faith in any claims about anything else Autel has to say going forward.

I think you'll have a tough time getting a judge to certify your suit as class action status. You got the product that you paid for and would likely have a hard time proving in a court of law that you've been harmed in any way and are owed any relief from damages.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Hmmmm, not going to get involved in this but i do wish you guys good luck because you are going to need it :)

Me thinks you have a long road ahead of you and the EVO will be replaced with something else by the time that case goes anywhere :)
That's exactly why companies do this kind of crap and keep doing it... if you got bucks you can take the hit and move on to the next one until they do it again and then again. No accountability for not following through on a promise. Would have been better if they had folded up and closed the doors. They have no integrity and no one will believe anything they try to pre-sale on tech hype. In the long run it's their loss. But yeah... they have great customer support! Really? By what standard? I may never get over this con or scam and maybe I'll be forced to take up a more cost reliable hobby. The EVO at first look is promising but that's all... just promising at this point. Not sure they will deliever on that but if they do, I believe a substantial discount would be warranted for XSP owners. If they want or care to make it right for all of us... that is what should happen. But we know it won't... they spent 6 months or more keeping their intentions silent knowing how this would impact their XS customers... they scammed us... will they do it with the EVO?

Reactions: Riktar
WingBot: You nailed it except for the statement that "They have no integrity and no one will believe anything they try to pre-sale on tech hype."

There will still be people who don't investigate their buying considerations and who havent done any background/forum reading on how the company who makes the product and promises are really like.

Last edited:
Wingbot, you made many many good points. I'm still on the fence about it all, probably because the XSP was actually beyond my budget but I splurged. Now I feel deceived and abandoned. I can't afford the EVO at this point and even if I could (I can save for a few months and get it if i want to), can I really trust what they say anymore?

Reactions: m0j0
I think you'll have a tough time getting a judge to certify your suit as class action status. You got the product that you paid for and would likely have a hard time proving in a court of law that you've been harmed in any way and are owed any relief from damages.
Very true... that's why I suggested consulting with an attorney to see if there was a case here. Difficult to prove any loss or harm by their actions. Even though we all feel it. Let the buyer beware if you are reading this blog thinking of buying from Autel Robotics.

Last edited:
Wingbot, you made many many good points. I'm still on the fence about it all, probably because the XSP was actually beyond my budget but I splurged. Now I feel deceived and abandoned. I can't afford the EVO at this point and even if I could (I can save for a few months and get it if i want to), can I really trust what they say anymore?
Couldn't agree more! I did exactly the same thing... and in the same situation. I have never been so high on a gadget (hobby toy) in my life. Probably would feel the same way about the EVO. But how this went down with AR its not likely I'll pull together the funds to find out. I'm really bummed out over how they handled this transition... it was deceptive and intentional. I was really very high on them for a startup company with a great product. Not so much now!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more! I did exactly the same thing... and in the same situation. I have never been so high on a gadget (hobby toy) in my life. Probably would feel the same way about the EVO. But how this went down with AR its not likely I'll pull together the funds to find out. I'm really bummed out over how they handled this transition... it was deceptive and intentional. I was really very high on them for a startup company with a great product. Not so much now!
Your viewpoint is valid and you have a right to feel the way you do. I don't really share the same view, however. I believe Autel had every intention of delivering those cameras to market and continuing full speed ahead with the XSP. But no company can stay afloat when their one and only product is held up in a long drawn out court battle. They had to move on or stay and sink. We don't know at what point the realization came to them that the cameras would not happen. With their great customer service record, it's hard to believe they would purposely deceive any customers.

Your viewpoint is valid and you have a right to feel the way you do. I don't really share the same view, however. I believe Autel had every intention of delivering those cameras to market and continuing full speed ahead with the XSP. But no company can stay afloat when their one and only product is held up in a long drawn out court battle. They had to move on or stay and sink. We don't know at what point the realization came to them that the cameras would not happen. With their great customer service record, it's hard to believe they would purposely deceive any customers.
I think they will be hearing from DJI lawyers again on this model. Not only is it almost the same, it is the only other prosumer UAV to have a 7km range, the same as DJI's Occusync (which is amazing). Time will tell.

We have a law in Michigan called retail fraud where this case may fit in...i will give it some thought and start a new thread if i need some "depositions" from XSP owners who feel betrayed by BIG ORANGE. Most cases settle before trial.....

We have a law in Michigan called retail fraud where this case may fit in...i will give it some thought and start a new thread if i need some "depositions" from XSP owners who feel betrayed by BIG ORANGE. Most cases settle before trial.....
LOL

Ok... so simply screw over your customer base, hey I get it, it's business. Why not just come out and be honest with this sudden change in direction? Seems to me they really have a lot to lose with the way they went. That old saying, they threw out the baby with the bath water! But maybe they'll hang on with many who will forgive and forget!

Ok... so simply screw over your customer base, hey I get it, it's business. Why not just come out and be honest with this sudden change in direction? Seems to me they really have a lot to lose with the way they went. That old saying, they threw out the baby with the bath water! But maybe they'll hang on with many who will forgive and forget!
They may have jumped from the fire into the frying pan with EVO... I see lawsuits with it coming from DJI.

I am not interested in this thing at all.

A larger platform such as the X-star is going be inherently more stable for videography, photography and professional film making. Even with the Evo with the 1" sensor, which is also just another "concept" (meaning its unlikely to be made), the Autel Evo will be nothing more than a travel toy and will be unsuitable for my needs as a professional.

Check out Tim's weak and generic cop-out on why Autel didn't release anything they previously showed at CES 2017... @0:44

He immediately dives into a little PR spin

"We're all about customer service....
(where have I heard that before?) If it's not good enough for you guys, its not good for us, we're not gonna put a product out that's not good enough. Uh so that basically rolled into not releasing some products and waiting and spending some time to make a quality product to sell." - TIM

Hey Tim, guess what, it wasn't just some products, it was all the products you guys previously previewed. I'm sure that 1" sensor was soo bad, so bad in fact that you guys just happen to have a "concept" 1" sensor Evo on display in 2018?

It's obvious that Autel concluded that there was no profit to be made by offering additional camera attachments and decided a travel sized drone has the potential for a greater slice of the drone market pie, who can blame them, they are simply a greedy Chinese corporation looking for profit. Need I remind that we only just got a proper firmware update (panning issue anybody?) only after the X-star was on the market for 16 months and after only a total of 22 months on the market the drone is now totally discontinued.

Autel abandoning its early adopters and existing customer base is disgusting. My next drone is most likely going to be 1" sensor Yuneec Typhoon H+ or a 1" sensor Phantom 4.

Reactions: m0j0 and Riktar
I agree. Also, Autel is NOT a small startup company. Their future in the drone market won't even cause a small ripple in their financial success or security.

ATVIS, You nailed it man!!!! I fully agree with what you said & expressed. My next move will be elsewhere also. There is no reason what so ever to discontinue the production of the x-star premium & the possibility of additions to the platform, there is so much more they could have done. I don't want a toy drone, i like my full size MAN drone!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone