Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Meet the EVO!!! Autel's new bird!!

I'll just let my feelings settle down before I say anything. This is truly a kick in the nads for those who stood by supporting them though.

I think it's not ready to be release and they are just .bluffing. A marketing campaign since they had to bring something to the table at CES
I know I have been enjoying my 1" sensor & FLIR cameras and the XSP2 with retracting landing gear and 360º rotating camera that I hadn't even noticed the Evo, no wait...

Ya said what.gif

A lot of wasted time in my opinion LuvMyTJ
Still like my XSP, just a bit disappointed.

Al3rg_s-200x150.gif

Looks like we lost those with this (XSP) model.....

Some takeaways from this video -

price "sub $1000"
camera "upgraded sensor from XSP, wide dynamic range" and can also do 4k 60fps
has "object tracking"
achieves 4.3 mile range by actively scanning between 900mhz to 2.4ghz finding best frequency
controller screen can show camera view in conjunction with phone/tablet w/ no latency

Last edited:
I'll just let my feelings settle down before I say anything. This is truly a kick in the nads for those who stood by supporting them though.
Come on guys... this is great stuff coming from a very new and small enterprise. Not earth shattering stuff but hey... DJI did not start out with big ground breaking hits every 6 months... how many drones do they have out there now? If Autel just keeps improving on their X Star...??? or at least continue supporting it, that's all they really need to do for me. Making something great even better and they will hold their own. AVO? I'm interested... just not ready to pop another $1500 bucks for their new one. Don't have much time on my Pumpkin yet. Did you expect Autel to body slam their competitors' like DJI...? not going to happen and they know it. I'm Staying with Autel until they run me off! I like their product, I like the cost and I like the company. If they continue to support the XSP I'm good!

Last edited:
I am not a bit disappointed. I like my Premier very much and plan on flying it till the doors fall of but this little jewel is on my radar!!

Come on guys... this is great stuff coming from a very new and small enterprise. Not earth shattering stuff but hey... DJI did not start out with big ground breaking hits every 6 months... how many drones do they have out there now? If Autel just keeps improving on their X Star and the new AVO, BIG point here... make parts interchangeable, that's all they really need to do for me. Making something great even better and they will hold their own. Did you expect Autel to body slam their competitors' like DJI...? not going to happen and they know it. I'm Staying with Autel until they run me off! I like their product, I like the cost and I like the company.

No no, I agree but I think it's a let down for the guys that got the XSP counting on the upgrades (like people that will do it for work). I'm not going anywhere. I love my XSP. If anything, if I can save enough I'll probably without a doubt buy the Evo.

Reactions: Sundog775
Is it just me or do these photos make it look like two different sized cameras?Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 1.17.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-10 at 1.17.56 AM.png

Discussion on Autels facebook page with Kenneth AR on release date: "Soon. I'm hesitant at sharing a specific date especially since many things we are waiting on are beyond our control (e.g., FCC number for the transmitter)."

Also the camera is not changeable but he has hinted and I say hinted at them selling the EVO in the future with different camera options but sold as a whole unit.

The big thing he said for me was no SDK will be released for the XSP. This one really sucks.

Arguments
Discussion on Autels facebook page with Kenneth AR on release date: "Soon. I'm hesitant at sharing a specific date especially since many things we are waiting on are beyond our control (e.g., FCC number for the transmitter)."

Also the camera is not changeable but he has hinted and I say hinted at them selling the EVO in the future with different camera options but sold as a whole unit.

The big thing he said for me was no SDK will be released for the XSP. This one really sucks.

and there it is..... "...we just got these back from the engineer.." Oh my.... :confused:

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I downloaded the video from youtube and if you go through the video frame by frame they seem to be hinting the EVO can be used for S&R and mapping. Be interesting to see just what options they might have for a camera. I took this snapshot from the video and it looks like some kind of mapping program to me.

View attachment 1775

Having this part in the video does this mean Thermal camera also?

View attachment 1776

It also said it will keep up to you so hopefully it will have a better follow me mode :)

I'm thinking that is the environmental learning feature (ie advance obstical avoidance). Still a great looking bird none the less. I was hooked from the first frame.

Reactions: DroneyDrone

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan