Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Map caching

Another detail: I note that the google map does appear when I review the flight route in the Flight Logs. I made sure I wasn't connected to WiFi or anything else at the time, so I assume the logs have to be accessing the cached map. Apparently, the Flight Logs know where to find the cached map ... but the on-screen map display during active flight doesn't know where to find it (?)That's all I can figure.
Autel need to know this. It sounds like a path was broken in some update or other. Should be a simple fix.

Has anyone figured this one out yet or spoken to Autel? I just ran into the same problem today - as I like to use a dedicated Wifi device to fly. I downloaded the map segment in Google Maps before I left - and Google Maps found my location just fine once I arrived at the field. Unfortunately, Explorer just showed me a blank screen with a grid. I've noticed a few threads on this now, and people keep posting the Autel video on map caching - meaning navigating to the spot you plan to fly in the Explorer app before you leave, and then Explorer caches it. I find that solution rather stupid and annoying - I'd rather the darn thing just used Google Maps. Any thoughts?

LP

What's worse is: It seems to be inconsistent. I just had an unexplained two weeks where the cached map showed up perfectly every time I flew instead of the blank grid. Then, suddenly -- back to the blank grid again! Even though (1) the cached Google map was still cached and was not expired and (2) my location did not change at all. I was at the same field (and map) I always go to. I can always make it work by carrying a wifi hotspot and accessing the google map by wifi just before I fly. Then it seems to save and access that map for the rest of that day -- even though I turn off the hotspot. But running solely off the cached map seems to be a toss-up: Maybe yes, maybe no.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles