Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Magnetic interference - every flight

truesword

Reaction score
Hi guys -
Another thing I've noticed with this unit, I'm constantly re-calibrating with every flight.

Why am I doing this?

Well I only get the chance to fly each week-end, sometimes in the same park, other times in an area approx 3 km/s further on. Each time I setup the craft ready to fly, my display shows 'magnetic interference' and wants to re-calibrate, I do exactly this but calibration fails. After three maybe four unsuccessful re-calibrations, I decided to power off the EVO and power back on - only to find the unit is fine no calibration needed BUT I do it anyway just in case and it completes fine.

Also finding that I also need to re-calibrate my sticks and gimble. If I don't re-calibrate the sticks, flight feels weird and not uniform with each movement. After landing and re-calibrating the sticks, in-flight movement is a much better experience.
As for gimble - I'm finding the unit is constantly detecting objects that are not there while in flight. If I land re-calibrate the gimble then take off, objects that were detected prior are not and my flight experience is allot better and yes avoidance detection still functions as it should but not as many phantom detections.

Yes, I have the latest installed (1.3.3.25). Firmware did cross my mind last week which led me to re-install again but this time from direct download via sdcard.
Tried another flight yesterday and had the 'magnetic interference' issue again.

I had a similar problem with my xsp and it turned out the cement picnic tables that I would setup on or near had reebar in them as well as the cement slabs under them.

Well, if you have magnetic interference, calibrating in the same spot will likely make matters worse. Is the prompt actually asking for calibration or just informing you of the interference?
I have seen the prompt a bit more recently but never asking for calibration.

I've had mag. Interference from my truck and garage door...moved further away from both and no issues...the evo is def.sensitive

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga