Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost my EVO

Reaction score
I lost my EVO, is there any information stored in the controller regarding the last location of the aircraft? I f so how do i retrieve it?

Check this and do a google with Lost Evo and it will tell.
Keep us informed please and Good Luck

I lost my EVO, is there any information stored in the controller regarding the last location of the aircraft? I f so how do i retrieve it?

As far as I know if you did not have a phone or tablet connected there is no way to show the last known location. Pretty much out of luck unless Autel gives you a break like this one.

Reactions: macoman
This was over water so it was done deal unless it is the same with the OP but if over land he should be able to point a location
I would think but then again it did not happen to me so I could be mistaken.
If I understand the situation right, as long he has some juice left in his battery he can find it but otherwise tough luck.
Still waiting to know more from him.

As Ag said, I think you need the App running on a phone/tablet to store the flight log — which stores every aspect of the flight — including last reported location. Autel needs this to determine what happened. It’s the only way I’ve found my XSP several times, lost for a variety of faults — mine & Autel’s.

We really need more information on this loss. I don’t think being over water matters much in terms of the App’s log showing you the last reported position. In my experience, an XSP will only “land” on water because of catastrophic equipment/battery failure. If you have a runaway, won’t an XSP/EVO RTH at 20–25% power or land in the nearest suitable place? I had one go into a huge pool beneath a waterfall b/c of this. The App showed me exactly where it happened, crucial in getting Autel to replace it. I had a faulty compass runaway 1/2 mi. out in rough seas—no control whatsoever—and it found the shoreline and landed by itself in a lady’s garden a over a mile away. The log showed the entire event, Autel fixed it for free.

Last edited:
So just to be clear on this one, where is the location info stored on the phone or tablet itself and do we need to activate something other than just flying with it ?
I am trying to elucidate this further so that it may help me and others in case it happens.

Thank You HiloHawaiian for this and it helped me greatly to fill missing points but in theory could we not use the controller display to achieve
the same thing ? though it would make more sense with a separate display like a tablet or cell.
Makes me realize how I ran on luck or because of the great quality of Evo . I recall with the XSP I had before
I had purchased the Marco Polo set so maybe I kept with this mind set with the Evo.
Again Thanks

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
There IS some sort of "logs" or other info saved into the controller but I don't think we, as consumers, can access it. The reason I know this is because they always want the controller included when sending if for service to "review" the flight records which helps determine if it is warranty or not and help with pinpointing/verifying concerns.

There IS some sort of "logs" or other info saved into the controller but I don't think we, as consumers, can access it. The reason I know this is because they always want the controller included when sending if for service to "review" the flight records which helps determine if it is warranty or not and help with pinpointing/verifying concerns.
Yes indeed, even when shipping back the XSP too...

I hate to break it to you guys but the controller holds not flight data at all. A while back I had asked them and this was their responce.

"Thank you for reaching out to us at Autel Robotics Support. I am not sure of the member of your forum that you are referring to, but you are correct. The Evo's remote controller holds no flight records, no recorded telemetry, and/or any recorded stick movements. We will always ask for a customer's leftover components (RC, charging cables, OTG cables, etc.) when going about a replacement. Sometimes customers like to return their remote controllers ahead of time for us to check and see if the remote itself was faulty and had a malfunction in general that could have contributed to the flyaway. From my knowledge of these cases, the remote controller has not been found to be the source of any flyaway."

To be on the safe side use a phone or tablet, at least it will show the last known position.

I hate to break it to you guys but the controller holds not flight data at all. A while back I had asked them and this was their responce.

"Thank you for reaching out to us at Autel Robotics Support. I am not sure of the member of your forum that you are referring to, but you are correct. The Evo's remote controller holds no flight records, no recorded telemetry, and/or any recorded stick movements. We will always ask for a customer's leftover components (RC, charging cables, OTG cables, etc.) when going about a replacement. Sometimes customers like to return their remote controllers ahead of time for us to check and see if the remote itself was faulty and had a malfunction in general that could have contributed to the flyaway. From my knowledge of these cases, the remote controller has not been found to be the source of any flyaway."

To be on the safe side use a phone or tablet, at least it will show the last known position.
Ty, great to clear that up!

As I understand it, the flight logs are stored in the cloud under your profile and not locally on the device itself. After my fly away, I still had the flight log on the device, for some reason however, Autel couldn't find it in my profile and had me send a movie of the flight log.

Hi everyone,
Well I had fun with my Evo for three days, then from a forced landing it landed in a bean field obstructed by a hill, I saw it
landing, and the controller said landing, I think it was trying to come home but didnt have enough power left.
I have looked in the bean field for two days now, no luck, I had just taken my phone off because of the weight, so no map logs,
I guess I learned an important lesson, always bring it home before 5 percent, always have phone on. I feel sorry for
anyone that has lost one, it leaves a bad pit in your stomach.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
Yea, it’s an awful helpless feeling. IMO, Always start going home at 10%. There’s too many ways a flight can go wrong. The logs have saved me every time mine landed out of sight. Accurate to 30’ ish. Even knowing that, it can take awhile to find. Those blinking lights help a ton. Have you looked at dusk? I couldn’t find mine once, came back 3 hrs later and it was easy. After 2 days battery probably gone though, sorry for your loss.....

Thats a good idea about the blinking lights, I went out at total darkness to look, I am not sure if the battery shuts off
when it lands at 2 percent or not, I tried anyway, didnt see anything, the beans are at their max now and its pretty hard
to see anything except where a patch of bad beans may be, I looked for a spot with chopped up leaves but didnt see
anything either. Next one will have a Marco Polo on it.

Yea, it’s an awful helpless feeling. IMO, Always start going home at 10%. There’s too many ways a flight can go wrong. The logs have saved me every time mine landed out of sight. Accurate to 30’ ish. Even knowing that, it can take awhile to find. Those blinking lights help a ton. Have you looked at dusk? I couldn’t find mine once, came back 3 hrs later and it was easy. After 2 days battery probably gone though, sorry for your loss.....
10 is to late, always have it within a stone's throw at 30% and aim to land it on or about 20%. Need to allow safety margin for the unexpected such as wind

10 is to late, always have it within a stone's throw at 30% and aim to land it on or about 20%. Need to allow safety margin for the unexpected such as wind
Yea, I hear ya. I’ve gone back/forth on this a few times. I have it set-up to alert me and begin the process at 20%, but I can override it if it’s close. The 10% is last ditch, and it’s close, over flat ground. It all depends on the mission, right? If it’s a long one, or higher altitudes, I begin at 30% or even sooner!

When my Evo hit 55 to 45 percent, I always bring back the Evo. I am always very conservative with the battery and never abuse it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials