Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost connection to Evo 2 pro after switching to SD card

Kruphen

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experienced losing connection to the drone after switching from a full onboard flash memory to SD card (that wasn't installed)? With the drone hovering above me I received notification that the onboard memory was full, and thinking I had installed the SD card I selected the "switch to SD card" option. However, I forgot to install the SD card before flying, and right after pressing the touch screen button I lost connection to the drone and couldn't reconnect. Luckily the drone was nearby and went into RTH mode, but it was a bit freaky and very unexpected.

I really like my Evo 2 pro but I'm feeling like these software updates are just "beta tested" on the fly, especially 2.5.11 then 2.5.12 I think Autel should start a beta test program where people can opt in, they might get some volunteers if they throw in guarantees or candy compensation.

This is just a guess but I think it is kind of like a computer that you just pulled a card out from. Its saying what the heck. I think I will just shut down now as I have no idea what he is asking me to do.
I know it sounds crazy but trust me it happens.

Reactions: Kruphen
I can't verify this with the E2P, but with my XSP it would alert me if I launched without an SD Card.

As for firmware updates. I only load one if the Drone is displaying self destructive behavior. If the Drone is functioning properly without issues there is no point to load an update unless Autel can tell you that they have made a dramatic improvement in Drone behavior. Otherwise, why would you mess with something that's working properly. I've had my E2P for six weeks. I've not loaded any updates. I don't even know what program it's using. I don't care. It performs satisfactorily and does everything I expect. Why would I want to change that?

Reactions: UasDriver
Why would I want to change that?
Well if you are a Part 107 pilot or in Canada a Basic or Advanced certified pilot you better be up to date on your firmware as it is required to be legal. You have a crash and it causes someone or property damage the FAA will be all over you. Besides your warranty states you need to be up to date. Just another reason.

Reactions: FlyingHigh_soln
“I really like my Evo 2 pro but I'm feeling like these software updates are just "beta tested" on the fly”

Yes. Just so unrefined. I am beginning to feeling the same way. Doesn’t feel like a finished product yet.

I can't verify this with the E2P, but with my XSP it would alert me if I launched without an SD Card.

As for firmware updates. I only load one if the Drone is displaying self destructive behavior. If the Drone is functioning properly without issues there is no point to load an update unless Autel can tell you that they have made a dramatic improvement in Drone behavior. Otherwise, why would you mess with something that's working properly. I've had my E2P for six weeks. I've not loaded any updates. I don't even know what program it's using. I don't care. It performs satisfactorily and does everything I expect. Why would I want to change that?
The updates do have a tendency to fix old bugs and sometimes introduce new ones. Might be good to hold off for a bit and not be the first to update...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials