Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Latest review

Roscow31

Reaction score
I just viewed Billy Kyle's YouTube critique of the Evo 2.
In my opinion it comes across that he is a DJI fanboy.
I have the Evo 2 Pro and do not have any of the flight issues he refers to.
Maybe a very marginal drift to the right when in dead stick.
Is he being paid by DJI, because I'm quite surprised at his level of critique?
It is a well known fact that DJI's appware ecosystem is the benchmark in the drone industry. Autel currently does not have this benchmark level appware.
If people prefer this level of appware, they should stick with DJI.
All of his perceived issues are software related, so can be resolved by Autel.

All of his perceived issues are software related, so can be resolved by Autel.

It seems the question is not whether Autel can improve the software; but rather will they and to what degree? They have a lot on their plate with the lack of 10 bit color and not yet shooting 5.5k 60 fps as they call out in the manual.

I have the Evo 2 Pro and do not have any of the flight issues he refers to.
Maybe a very marginal drift to the right when in dead stick.

The Evo handles different than a DJI drone, as i expected. But the handling feels perfectly okay to me. I'm not the smoothest pilot and can assure you every little jerk in my clips comes directly from my crappy steering.

Reactions: davery87 and parkgt
If I watch the video (in link if it was made with the Evo), I don't see a drift on the left as he points out and there are no cuts in its editing.
It is also easy to test by kicking sticks .....
Like Agustine, I take this test with tweezers ...........
So far no one has reported these facts in the tests that have been carried out.

Effect the radio joysticks are sensitive and very short which makes them even more sensitive and incisive.
I think that by doubling the length of the handle, we would gain smoothly.
Unfortunately, they cannot be disassembled, they are not screwable like on DJI radios. But I'm going to think about it while trying to make a sleeve that fits onto the joystick.
This is what I did on the ST16s radio, I mounted sticks (screwable) by doubling the length and the controls are softer and more precise.

Last edited:
Increasing the length of the joysticks from 16 to 33 mm should provide more precision and smoothness.
Evo Stick.JPG

Reactions: Rubik3x
The Evo handles different than a DJI drone, as i expected. But the handling feels perfectly okay to me. I'm not the smoothest pilot and can assure you every little jerk in my clips comes directly from my crappy steering.

Well done, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Micander

Micander - very nice clip with great resolution from the camera that I expected (Hoped for?). One question - did you do any post processing or was that straight from the EVO II's automatic color settings? In either case, it looked like a beautiful day to fly - well done!

Micander - very nice clip with great resolution from the camera that I expected (Hoped for?). One question - did you do any post processing or was that straight from the EVO II's automatic color settings? In either case, it looked like a beautiful day to fly - well done!

Thank you. That's just the new Autel II lut and some tweaking. Nothing special. I really miss those ND Filters.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials