Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Land Survey

Lgmaster

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
So got a call today about a large land survey and had a question for you guys. Has anyone ever done a land survey with the XSP? I've done them for fun mostly and to make sure I could actually do it using one of the mapping services out there. He's wanting 1200 acres done and while I know that it would be easier/quicker with a fixed wing drone, I'm wondering what the biggest piece of land someone's done with a quad. Not sure if that would be feasible with the XSP. I have 6 batteries and I figure if I fly over at 100ft, I'm hoping that's plenty of battery but not sure. It would be a 4-5 hour drive for me so unless I want to drive back, which I don't, I'd have to try and get it all in one go. Maybe I can buy a few more batteries to ensure I have enough. Anyone have any advice or tips for something this large? I did 3 acres a few months back. I wish we had something like the DJI has in terms of software where I can draw a box, tell it the overlap and let it do it's thing instead of having to fly it manually and potentially get a gap somewhere. It was a survey company that called me so I'm assuming that they will be providing all GCPs, well I hope at least.

Thanks in advance.

I am interested to see how you achieve this, is it by just flying the perimeter of the said land to determine its area?

Thanking you in advance

I have friends in California and they do topos with drones all the time. I'm not sure what software they use but he told me it was around 10,000. Also he says his +/- is a tenth for elevation hopefully that is good enough for your client.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58