Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

LAANC Down Until Further Notice

when you pay folks to stay at home the payers get.........

The article says it takes up to 45 days to get a reply too. Not practical in today's world.
Some requests for airspace authorizations (e.g. 107.41) and waivers can take weeks, I have had others turn around in days or less. What I have found is that location (e.g. which tower facility controls that airspace) and type of request can make a difference. Simple requests with some locations can be quick, others in the same location that require more variance can take a bit longer. Some locations are just slow or very cautious.

Used Airmap & LAANC yesterday in Prescott, AZ near PRC field @ Willow Lake - worked just fine!
Apparently it was down for 3 days or so. Not a big deal for recreational flyers but a big deal for those working and needing LAANC approval to get the job done.

Apparently it was down for 3 days or so. Not a big deal for recreational flyers but a big deal for those working and needing LAANC approval to get the job done.
Concur, however that is where wide area 107.41 coa's via DroneZone can come into play.

Concur, however that is where wide area 107.41 coa's via DroneZone can come into play.
You know more than I do about it. All I know is the article said it can take 45 days to get approval. If that isn't correct and "dronezone" can get it within minutes then it's no big deal.

Reactions: gschulzuio
You know more than I do about it. All I know is the article said it can take 45 days to get approval. If that isn't correct and "dronezone" can get it within minutes then it's no big deal.
It officially can take up to 90 days, however have heard the 45 days, have also heard the couple of weeks, it varies depending on the location, type of requests. Again some towers for certain areas are quicker at turning them around vs. others. Also the dronezone requests go to a "desk" where the workers do the initial processing (any cleanup, notes, prep for tower/facility), then send on to the tower/facility for approval. Depending on whats in the queue, some things go quicker, others take longer. Likewise simpler ones for some facilties/tower/airspace go quicker. The "desk" workers will also reach out to help move things along if there is anything tricky, or to help work with the tower/facility. Have had approvals above published alt in Bravo airspace turned around very quickly, days, where smaller, less busy facilities have taken weeks. Try putting in a 107.41 (e.g. coa e.g. airspace authorization) via dronezone sometime and see how it goes. Tip, dont request an airspace waiver, only request an airspace authorization, start with something simple as well.

Pfffft. Another know-nothing smart azz keyboard warrior. A dime a dozen on the Interweb.
Now I am a "keyboard warrior" whatever that means... Putting you, Eagle928, on the "Ignore" list. You should do the same for me...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo