Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

KML file

How did you find the files? When i click the open button it just says "File placement path: mobile phone storage/android/data/com/autelrobotics.explorer/files/kml
I am having the same problem. I can't copy the kml file from USB/SD card onto the requested location
"File placement path: mobile phone storage/android/data/com/autelrobotics.explorer/files/kml

I am having the same problem. I can't copy the kml file from USB/SD card onto the requested location
had the same issue. The solution was just to open the kml directly and I was asked which program to open with -- > choose Autel Explorer. Done

Reactions: srleone
is there any other way to utilize the terrain follow other than UGCS? This cost 150 USD / Month, that's a bit much for my taste
Before Ken left he said they were working on adding this to the Explorer App... who knows if they bailed on this or if it will only work with the Evo Max when ready...

Before Ken left he said they were working on adding this to the Explorer App... who knows if they bailed on this or if it will only work with the Evo Max when ready...
official statement from Autel, dated 20.03.2023:
"Unfortunately, our aircrafts do not have Terrain/altitude awareness. My apologies for any inconvenience this causes you. "

• Sad
Reactions: srleone
Use the QGC is free, you just have to configure the camera, if you look at the previous message I have tried it successfully.
I've configured the camera, thanks.
EDIT: how to configure the height correctly for the Autel explorer app? Google earth shows AGL correctly, the Autel explorer app shows ground level + MSL.

Last edited:
Now we can do terrain following as well.

If you import your kml file, press on edit, then you can choose between AGL and MSL. Be sure to check the waypoint heights, since the Autel Explorer app adds 3 additional waypoints with "0" height to the mission.

Todavía yo, hice una cosa:
GitHub - danieldobosi/jubilant-system
este script reemplaza las alturas AMSL creadas en QGC con AGL. Siéntase libre de probar/comentar/comprometer/cambiar
Voy a realizar un vídeo con todos los pasos haciendo el Plan de vuelo con reconocimiento del terreno usando QGC y Google Earth Pro (GEP) (editar KML). cuando lo realice subo el enlace link. Tu solución con python es interesante,

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 124454.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 124454.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 124539.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 124539.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 125034.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 125034.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
still me, I did a thing:
GitHub - danieldobosi/jubilant-system
this script replaces the AMSL heights created in QGC with AGL. Feel free to test / comment / commit / change
Great solution. Thanks a bunch! I haven't flown using this method yet but a quick question (assuming you're importing the QGC KML to Autel Explorer as waypoints) there are turquoise triangle symbols that seem to indicate where photos are taken, but not at the waypoint themselves. When loaded, the mission reports zero photos will be taken in the upper right corner, when flown, are photos taken or not?

Attachments

• IMG_9427 2.jpg
    IMG_9427 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Great solution. Thanks a bunch! I haven't flown using this method yet but a quick question (assuming you're importing the QGC KML to Autel Explorer as waypoints) there are turquoise triangle symbols that seem to indicate where photos are taken, but not at the waypoint themselves. When loaded, the mission reports zero photos will be taken in the upper right corner, when flown, are photos taken or not?
Great question! Like I've mentioned above, I didn't have the opportunity to actually test it in a flight. I've imported a kml and that's it.
Did I understand correcty, you actually tested it and the mission completed with no pictures taken?

Which camera setup should I use for my Autel EVO II RTK V3 in QGC?
Todos los modelos Autel Evo II PRO y RTK tienen el mismo sensor por lo tanto la configuración seria la misma previamente descrita.

All Autel Evo II PRO and RTK models have the same sensor, therefore the configuration would be the same as previously described.

Attachments

• Camera AEIIRTK V3.png
    Camera AEIIRTK V3.png
    104 KB · Views: 23
  • Camera AEIIRTK V2.png
    Camera AEIIRTK V2.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 22
  • EVO II RTK+Series+User+Manual+-+EN.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • EVO+II+RTK+Series+V3+User+Manual-EN.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 125034.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2023-04-01 125034.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 26
I thought I would do a quick update as I've been using Porites planning/mapping workflow extensively for the past few weeks. Whilst not perfect, this is by far the best solution for photogrammetry (with MetaShape) I've found so far. Thank you Porites! It produces decent 3D models, but I have yet to perfect the camera setup to get overly sharpened images (suggestions welcome).

I've also been using my own workflow for the EVO 2 Dual for thermal imagery (save in jpeg, I can't seem to get .irg images) utilizing ImageJ and the ThermImageJ plugin - GitHub - gtatters/ThermImageJ: ImageJ functions and macros for working with thermal image files -

1. Converting IRX. jpegs to tif via the TherImageJ Raw2Temp tool
2. spot checking values to temps in the viewer (i.e. 25436 = 31oC, 27342 = 37oC, etc x 200+)
3. running a linear regression between these values (in R)
4. using the resulting linear regression equation to convert 5-digit temp values in a processed Orthomosiac to degrees centigrade in QGIS.

This basically gets me everything I want out of using the Autel for photogrammetry EXCEPT the use of the RTK module with an Emlid RS+ as a base station without an internet connection. Anybody have any pointers for this? I asked Autel and the response was "Regarding GPS data set corrections, an active internet connection is not necessary, though collecting the data through RTK is the most reliable, and it is the option that is easier to obtain support with. Alternatively, you can use PPK (Post-Processing Kinematic) but with a base station system with an Android APK app that you can install and run on the Smart Controller. " Which is not quite an explanation yet.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the RS+ is a single frequency transceiver a the Evo RTK uses a dual freq. They are not compatible. You need a dual freq. gnss like the RS2+. The Evo receives RTK corrections over NTRIP. The RS2+ can act as a base and send corrections to the Evo over NTRIP when all of the devices are near each other and you connect them all to a hot spot. I do this all the time. The Evo can also receive NTRIP corrections from a CORs network if it is available to you.

Reactions: jaja6009
ok i figure it out, but when I open the KML, it goes into a waypoint mission...
@jmason702
Hi! I am having trouble getting my kml files onto the Autel RCPad tablet controller for our Evo II Pro v3 RTK.

I did find the mission import button on the Mission screen, but it only looks in the directory:
/Android/data/com.autelrobotics.explorer/files/kml
The trouble is, I can only copy from my USB thumb drive to the Downloads folder on the RCPad, so it never sees it.

You said in June 2022 that you had figured it out. What did you do? :)

@jmason702
Hi! I am having trouble getting my kml files onto the Autel RCPad tablet controller for our Evo II Pro v3 RTK.

I did find the mission import button on the Mission screen, but it only looks in the directory:
/Android/data/com.autelrobotics.explorer/files/kml
The trouble is, I can only copy from my USB thumb drive to the Downloads folder on the RCPad, so it never sees it.

You said in June 2022 that you had figured it out. What did you do? :)
You can open the KML file by clicking on it in files and it will open with autel explorer then you can save it into your missions.
Alternately you can connect The smart controller to the PC over USB and transfer the file directly into the directory for explorer.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy