Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just ordered mine from WELLBOTS. They said they have them in stock. Should ship early next week. I paid for one day shipping.

Guys, but watch the video posted by Martin Maldonado (facebook):
it had several warnings, it took off in ATTI mode, it had problems with the front sensors and I believe calibration too. Not to mention the fact that he also disconnected from him.
and the antennas positioned the wrong way.

Reactions: easyheimer
Guys, but watch the video posted by Martin Maldonado (facebook):
it had several warnings, it took off in ATTI mode, it had problems with the front sensors and I believe calibration too. Not to mention the fact that he also disconnected from him.
and the antennas positioned the wrong way.

Good catch. I didn’t notice that.

The reason why the number is the same from AutelPilot.com is because they use the same text service. That happens quite frequently with other stores as well.

Also, I'm almost ready to cancel my order after hearing all of thse negative stories from people that have received theirs already. Beware as it seems all of these defective units came from AutelPilot.com which tells me they are preproduction, pre quality control units. I'm guessing they shipped even before their delay for bugs. Here's one of the posts:

Summary of the first two flights:

Autel Evo 2 Pro" Only 7 to 11 gps connections before take off and messages saying that the home point maight be innacurate for RTH (The RTH is recorded after take off).

Mavic 2 Zoom: 17 gps connections before take off

Autel Evo 2 Pro: Hover and flight characteristics are on pair of Mavic 2 Zoom.

Autel Evo 2 Pro: when recording (or not) in hovering position, the camera seems to move (tiny circular moves) frecuently. I guess it needs calibration.

Mavic 2 Zoom: Camera is rock solid

Autel Evo 2 Pro: Speed with the obstacle sensors activated is 18 or 36km/h

Mavic 2 Zoom: Speed is 50 km/h with the sensors activated

Autel Evo 2 Pro: During flight the signal transmittion was lost first at 750m and during the second flight, at 1200m. The RTH was activated and I couldnt switch back to normal flight once the signal was gained again. The drone landed the two times and I couldnt do anything to cancel RTH. Appreciate any help in here.

Mavic 2 Zoom. The signal transmittion was lost once, for a few seconds but regained and no problems after that.

About the camera, Ill try to upload some photos and videos in 5.5K, 30FPS later. The colors are not as bright as in the mavic zoom but on the Autel Evo 2 Pro it look more real.

The autel explorer needs a lot of work in my humble opinion. I couldnt asign functions for the rear buttoms. Every time I start the drone, the pitch gimbal limit goes to default values as well as the image transmission mode.

Couldnt assign a switch for the leds, and the voice command get easly activated. Couldnt find how to configure that function.

The pictures that Ive got on my phone when I used the Live mode are useless. Need to figure out how to set up this function too.

Then I tried a short active track flight. Just a walk on a road with bushes on one side. Just to make it shorter, the dorne hit the bushes and crashed. Hopefully there were no damages on any of the components.

I know that it doesnt sound too positive my comments but is what it is. I paid almost 2k for the drone and I dont think is quite on pair with the mavic 2 zoom. Lets see what happens with the upcoming firmware updates.

About the camera I cant say too much yet, but I will put a few pics and videos in 5.5k-30FPS so you can make your own conclusions.
Thank you for the insight.

Reactions: easyheimer
Summary of the first two flights:

No Flights from him. A pale copy of a text he took on facebook.
It is easy to use what you want to take to denigrate a product. On the other hand the Evo 2 does not play in the backyard of the mavic 2 so the comparison cannot be made. It is an impartial comparison. He forgot the test in the middle of the forest .....
If the gentleman does not like Autel and wants to break the Evo 2 at all costs, let him go play elsewhere and why not in another forum.

It's not his review. It's a copy and paste of someone elses.
It's a horrible review since the person reviewing it doesn't even know how to cancel RTH. He obviously didn't read the manual. And the part about it crashing in the bushes? He messed with OA for speed test. Did he turn it off and then hit the bushes?
I wouldn't trust that review at all.
Thanks.... I am always buyer beware.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58