Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just for fun...

Autelguy

Reaction score
I laid down in bed at 8pm and woke up at midnight thinking it was morning. Oh yeah, I'm screwed. Just letting you know in case you're wondering why some sleep deprived knucklehead is posting like a mad man at 2am! :)

So let's have some fun. What would be your perfect drone?

I'll start...

1) A folding drone which is completely open source.

2) A design capable of handling a heavy battery with at least a 60 min flight time.

3) A detachable zoom camera with 1" sensor with night and thermal abilities and amazing low light capabilities.

4) The ability to automatically switch to cellular reception when needed then back to WiFi for virutally unlimited range.

5) No NFZ capabilities within reason. No more than 2 miles from a restricted zone but certainly not 5 miles.

6) No props in shot ever. With 360 degree removable gimbal.

7) 360 obstacle avoidance sensors which work in every flight mode.

8) Customer support that treat cusotmers the way they should be treated.

9) App that works with either IOS or Android flawlessly.

10) Tons of highly user customizable autonomous mission features.

11) Perfect horizon every time you fly.

12) Built in weather conditions into the app.

13) Built in high speed USB Type C ports which allows for fast file transfer without having to remove SD card.

14) Built in HDMI port and wireless NIC card.

15) User programmable low battery decision capabilities. You decide what should happen at any battery level.

16) Perfectly designed controller with optional built in display and programmable buttons that don't interfere with ergonomics. With removable sunshade cover of course.

17) Optional dual retractable landing struts for landing on either water or land.

18) Powerful front, rear and downward facing independant dimmable LED lights.

19) Customizable and detachable payload compartment. Drop lines for drone fishing. Pebbles for pelting your drunk loud abnoxious neighbors in their backyard. Parachute deployment etc..

20) Waterproof body and motors.

21) Ability to accept programmable voice input commands from pilot.

22) Twist off motors for easy replacement or upgrades.

23) At or Under $1000.00.

What's your dream machine?

Tight lines.

Last edited:
Your wishes fulfill all my expectation, where are these drones to buy?

THIS IS SO CRAZY... When I went shopping for a drone, I used my Smartphone like most people... And I said,

"OK Google, what drone has

2) A design capable of handling a heavy battery with at least a 60 min flight time.

3) A detachable zoom camera with 1" sensor with night and thermal abilities and amazing low light capabilities.

4) The ability to automatically switch to cellular reception when needed then back to WiFi for virutally unlimited range.

5) No NFZ capabilities within reason. No more than 2 miles from a restricted zone but certainly not 5 miles.

13) Built in high speed USB Type C ports which allows for fast file transfer without having to remove SD card.

15) User programmable low battery decision capabilities. You decide what should happen at any battery level.

16) Perfectly designed controller with optional built in display and programmable buttons that don't interfere with ergonomics. With removable sunshade cover of course.

17) Optional dual retractable landing struts for landing on either water or land.

19) Customizable and detachable payload compartment. Drop lines for drone fishing. Pebbles for pelting your drunk loud abnoxious neighbors in their backyard. Parachute deployment etc..

23) At or Under $1000.00."

Autel was the first result and some multi million dollar DARPA drone was the second one. I asked my wife... She let me get the EVO... So for now the HOA is still the most powerful entity in my neighborhood... But if I hit that powerball... I'm getting that 3000lb multirotor drone...

Rather than come up with my own I figured for fun I'd address your points.

I think the total size is more important than folding. I think completely open source is a bad idea. A public API, sure. Open source? Liability nightmare.

This would be awesome, but would make the bird too big.

I'd replace this with detachable camera with different ideas. Think of if the Typhoon H actually had multiple cameras available.

I don't understand this, but unlimited range is IMHO a bad idea.

Agreed,

This should be the standard now, but isn't. There is at least one line with a 360 degree gimbal and it isn't that popular (though I like it).

Agreed, except every flight mode would be impossible. When you're flying 30+ mph the sensors would need a range that isn't possible to prevent problems.

Agreed

Unlikely, but would be great.

This is where I think most companies miss the mark. There are a couple off-line planning apps for different drones, but it should be part of the standard package. Planning a waypoint mission is great, but you should be able to (and with a few drones you can) have it be completely automated. Fly to this spot, put the gimbal at this angle, point in this direction, take a pic. Move to the next.

If only we can get this.

Don't most have this.

Some have this, but none of them work great in my opinion. A good option would be a magnetic USB cable.

To what? The controller? I would agree with this. That would be awesome. Don't see the real benefit to a wireless card. Can do this with some drones and it doesn't work great.

Many have this already, but I agree.

Yep.

Nice option.

I think this would encourage people to do something they shouldn't be doing.

This would be an FAA issue I think.

Great idea, but I think it would have a monetary and weight cost that wouldn't be worth it.

A couple have this, but I've never used it.

I've replaced multiple drones, but never a motor. Probably not a bad idea as most modular ideas aren't.

23) At or Under $1000.00.

Amen

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo