Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

It finally happened

tuxontodd

Reaction score
I finally crashed my drone to the point it isn't operable. The front landing foot broke off which I was able to re-attach. Other than that I couldn't see any physical damage and even took it apart and all the cables seem to be intact and connected. However I'm not able to auto calibrate the gimbal and under gimbal status on the app it says N/A. The lens is crooked and keeps going into a calibration loop every so often. Camera works fine and can record. I called Autel and they said it probably needs a new gimbal and/or board with the spare parts they still have. However the repair cost may be in the $400 range and probably isn't feasible to put more money into the drone. I may just sell what I have left, controller, 5 batteries of which 3 are new and purchased late last year. Has anyone had a crash and experienced the same symptoms.

sorry to hear about your crash. yes, had a crash and did quite a bit of damage; paid for the repair. but agreed it's time to let the old evo go and maybe pickup a used evo 2 or new lite since $400 is a bit much to put into the original evo imo.

I finally crashed my drone to the point it isn't operable. The front landing foot broke off which I was able to re-attach. Other than that I couldn't see any physical damage and even took it apart and all the cables seem to be intact and connected. However I'm not able to auto calibrate the gimbal and under gimbal status on the app it says N/A. The lens is crooked and keeps going into a calibration loop every so often. Camera works fine and can record. I called Autel and they said it probably needs a new gimbal and/or board with the spare parts they still have. However the repair cost may be in the $400 range and probably isn't feasible to put more money into the drone. I may just sell what I have left, controller, 5 batteries of which 3 are new and purchased late last year. Has anyone had a crash and experienced the same symptoms.

No way would I pay that considering the battery situation alone for the EVO I. Definitely time to get a used EVO II or wait for the EVO III. I'm not sure that I'd go for a Nano until they fix some of the problems.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody