Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is it just Billy?

parkgt

Reaction score
Don't know if Billy has a defective copy or not. Anyone else having problems with what he identifies as issues?

Reactions: Dougiefresh27
Billy talked with me and sent footage over, since he's helped me out in the past with flying spots in Philly, I'd help him out with the Evo as best as I can. Originally I thought it was a IMU or compass issue, but he said that he got it on many other flights after many calibrations and different locations. I have this drifting problem on my Evo 1 when I'm using waypoints. It will drift off to the left and then jerk back to look forward. I've never had it anywhere outside of the waypoints though. Since he has the Evo 2, things are different. I told him maybe it was his panning EXP since it can be very sensitive at the base setting, but it didn't seem like he was touching the left stick at all. It is an interesting issue, as well with the other ones he brings up in the video. Luckily they all seem like they can be fixed with firmware.

This is concerning to me, since I’m on the hook with the Evo 2 Pro. I thought he mentioned he was in Ludicrous mode when this happened. I’m wondering if the gimbal can’t deal with the high speeds. This will be my first bird outside the DJI ecosystem. So I’m a bit worried.

Reactions: mreloc
This is concerning to me, since I’m on the hook with the Evo 2 Pro. I thought he mentioned he was in Ludicrous mode when this happened. I’m wondering if the gimbal can’t deal with the high speeds. This will be my first bird outside the DJI ecosystem. So I’m a bit worried.
Me too! Ugh.

He’s flying into the headwind at 45mph. I only had it happen a few times when doing such while flying in 45 mph Ludicrous Mode. My Mavic 2 Pro does the same type of thing when flying Sport Mode into the wind, but on the Mavic 2, the huge gimbal will drop downwards without warning when flying 45 mph into the wind. Letting off the sticks a bit on either drone eliminates the issue. I have tried to replicate the issue today with it finally being a calm day and could
not replicate the issue in 45 mph Ludicrous Mode. I have only had it happen at a couple of times full forward stick while in 45 mph Ludicrous Mode and no other speed in any mode. I have no skin in the game and fly both my Mavic 2 and Evo II. Both drones are great. Just trying to help and share my experiences.

Just updated firmware 2.2.3 just now. One of the fixes was gimbal stability. It has been hella windy here yesterday and today. I tried to replicate the leftward drift I was occasionally having in high wind conditions yesterday. Wind was 40 mph at 100ft yesterday. It was happening with big gusts. Today the winds are 35 mph at 100ft. After the update I could not replicate it flying directly into the wind today. Food for thought. Adios!

I think he is just used to DJI controllers. I have both M2P and Evo, and that Evo took me a couple weeks to get the sticks sorted out. If you fly in ludicrous mode upwind, or the M2P is S mode upwind they will drift some. Evo is faster and pitched downward. The reason for Ludicrous mode is not cinematic video, its to get that drone where it needs to go faster. My Evo 2 will be here in a week or so. Looking forward to it. Evo 1 still is a great drone too.

Only thing I may miss on Evo 2 is the less wide fov. Evo 1 is 94 degree, Evo 2 is about 80. Looks like I have to fly further away to get the same view.

Reactions: Andrzej
I agree...why would you want to film cinematic in Ludricous mode? Heck, I wouldn't even use Sport mode to do that. Should it be rock solid stable at all flying speeds? Sure, but I don't expect any of my drones, when flying that fast, 100% of the time to be glitch free. I think there will always be conditions that affect the operation of the gimbal and or drone. Not making excuses, but if it is fixable, fix it and move on. The drone is quite new and will have some (hopefully) minor issues.

I think you are spot on with your comment on DJI controllers. Different drone, different RC, it will behave different given the same stick input.

I almost never use ludicrous mode, so i didn't have anything to say about it. Two days ago i tried to reproduce the drifting but mine does definitely not. Used up a entire battery and zipped back and forth but everything was okay. I don't know if it was 2.2.3 or the circumstances (no wind).

Originaldobo indicated drifting issues in ludicrous speed and that he just adjusts heading to compensate. It was in his bizarre rant video where he's pretending to complain, but making excuses.
Several other reviews out and no one has mentioned this issue.
Originaldobo. Others mention other more issues (like uncontrollable drifting in complete circles and crashes)

Billy's affiliation with DJI earns him a fine living. Don't expect impartiality from basically an employee. Although I have not seen his DJI forever tattoo, I'm sure it's there...

Now I like Billy but not when it comes to Autel. I am super new to the Evo 2 but his comments about things like the wheel on the remote, which is probably the same distance as the DJI, is so negative I don't listen to him on Autel. But I still like him. And ya, always on Ludicrous mode?

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays