Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Invalid homepoint?

Island Dog

Reaction score
Loaded the new firmware and updated two batteries. At two different locations I get a warning "Invalid home point, reset home point" I try to reset but the controller gives the same warning. BTW it will fly and at the second location it landed where it start when i hit go home...... Any Thoughts??? Thanks!

Island Dog,
I am sorry I do not understand "BTW it will fly and at the second location it landed where it start when i hit go home...... Any Thoughts???"
Please explain what this means and I am sorry if I am missing something.

after installing the new firmware and updating two batteries, I attempted to fly the drone. I received an "Invalid home point, reset home point" I try to reset button but the controller does not update and I received the same warning. The drone will fly manually but does not recognize where "home" is. This happened both times, when at two different locations

Any idea how many satellites your GPS was receiving at the time? Sounds to me like it could be that the home point was established before you had a good GPS signal. Perhaps you should check to see what the Kp index was at the date/time you were flying. A high Kp index can wreak havoc with GPS acquisition.

One of the things that most have noticed with the new firmware is that the bird acquires fewer satellites. Not sure what causes this, but when combined with other factors, it can create these sorts of issues.

One site I like is UAV Forecast: UAV Forecast - Allows you to set thresholds on wind speed, precipitation, cloud cover, etc., as well as Kp Index and then assesses whether or not it's a good idea for you to fly at a specific location.

Good Stuff Bigbit! It just seemed coincidental to me that this was the first flight after updating the firmware.....but now learned the Kp index was 4. Thanks for the feedback!!

Reactions: Bigbit
I wonder if it's also possible to move the drone horizontally after launch, before it coordinates "Home Point"????

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials