Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Interesting Day

Autelguy

Reaction score
As with all guys interested in drones, our wives / girlfriends are helpless victims of our hobby.

This morning I happened to mention to my wife that Best Buy was offering the bundle with a $100 gift card to boot.

Unfortunately, she probably knows more about drones than most guys...thanks to me.

15 minutes later she came into the room, handed me a receipt and said...

Here! For 4 years I've been hearing about talk about these damn things. I'm sick if it!!!

Just go pick it up and give me a break already.

:)

Don't get me wrong, she's an awesome lady.

Attachments

• 20190202_171835.jpg
    20190202_171835.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
Congrats! You'll enjoy it, im sure.

Ive got the flu coming on, but this was the first day I could actually fly my drone since i exchanged it and the remote. Since then I got my bundle, hardcase, batteries, etc., all while waiting for a day warm enough and dry enough to actually fly it. It's been between 2, and 3 weeks maybe? You think I'm sitting this one out? Not a chance! Flu shmu.

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks Apollo. The flu is nothing to mess around with. I hope you feel better soon. Your most susceptible right when you start feeling better, then start over doing it.

We're having a lot of rain in Northern, CA so it'll be at least a couple days before a maiden flight. Plenty of time to read the manual - twice.

Take care

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
As with all guys interested in drones, our wives / girlfriends are helpless victims of our hobby.

This morning I happened to mention to my wife that Best Buy was offering the bundle with a $100 gift card to boot.

Unfortunately, she probably knows more about drones than most guys...thanks to me.

15 minutes later she came into the room, handed me a receipt and said...

Here! For 4 years I've been hearing about talk about these damn things. I'm sick if it!!!

Just go pick it up and give me a break already.

:)

Don't get me wrong, she's an awesome lady.
If you're not married, marry her right now and never let go.

Edit: re-read it and saw you are married. Still stand on never letting her go.

Reactions: Autelguy
Thanks Apollo. The flu is nothing to mess around with. I hope you feel better soon. Your most susceptible right when you start feeling better, then start over doing it.

We're having a lot of rain in Northern, CA so it'll be at least a couple days before a maiden flight. Plenty of time to read the manual - twice.

Take care
thanks,
it hasn't hit me full on yet, I'm consuming vitamin c like it's going out of style and other than flying the evo, I've been taking it easy in bed the last 2 days. Im hoping it doesn't hit me as hard as it did my daughters.

Better not Skimp on Valentines Day. For every purchase there should be an opposite and equal purchase!

She sounds like a keeper!!! Take good care of her.

Congratulation's on the New EVO you will love it.

Thanks guys. She is awesome. If you guys want to earn some points with your significant other.. do what I did.

Last Valentines Day I created video from photos and video clips of our fun times together. Added some "make you cry" songs and played it on the big screen for her.

I made her breakfast in bed then played her the video. She balled. Treat them well guys and use your creative talents to show them how much you care.

Thanks again guys.

Kind of on a tangent, but I've found if we use our "toys" for anything (no matter how small) for our SO's, it buys a ton of goodwill. Whether it be surveying roof damage after a storm, shooting aerial pics for her friends/family, making a photo collage of the family (with drone shots), it somehow validates the hobby. Taking the kids out flying also works in this regard.

Note: this applies to other hobbies with expensive toys.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone