Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Public perception about drone quality

mjbok

Reaction score
Like many of you I have (or still have) multiple drones from multiple manufacturers.

Without a doubt the Evo is my fave, but I still find the orbit lacking. When I do an orbit I usually use the Karma. Of course the Karma won't shoot 4k with a linear POV so you're stuck with 1080 or fisheye, so I shoot in 1080. I probably should use the Air, but I've had more issues with that drone than any others.

Saturday was beautiful and even my wife said I should get out and fly. I had other things on my to-do list so the day got later and later and finally I decided I'm going to fly a little bit...but nothing was charged...except one Karma battery. With a single battery and a drone that I don't trust I figured I would just get a couple of orbits around my house. I went out and started flying.

Since it was such a nice day lots of people were out with their dogs. One lady stopped and talked to me about the drone.

She said, "that's a really nice drone." Without thinking about it I said, "thanks." I know that people can be put off by drones so anything positive is something I'll gladly take.

The drone was 200 feet away in motion. How would they have any idea about how good (or not good it is). I started thinking about it and to people that aren't into the hobby or have no experience with them the only metric they have to judge a drone is the size. The only drone that should be judged on its size is the Inspire. Other than that size really doesn't indicate how good it is.

If you lined up a MP2, a Typhoon H, and a Karma, most people would go H, Karma, MP2 as to what is the best drone whereas that order would be wrong.

Try flying a Tello around. I have been laughed at for flying my Tello around. Good side is I can get away for flying it anywhere and people won't give it a second thought.

Try flying a Tello around. I have been laughed at for flying my Tello around. Good side is I can get away for flying it anywhere and people won't give it a second thought.
Tello is my throw down done for when the cops show up. No registration required. Just land the EVO somewhere else, out of sight! :p

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Tello is a really well engineered kit. Flies great when there is enough light. I fly it inside to get my handles down.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials