Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

"Interesting" customer service interraction

WildDoktor

Reaction score
So, I had 3 questions about the Starlink app, one question about beta testing the new firmware, and one suggestion about notifying the public *before* doing a "planned maintenance outage". I sent those to CS this morning and got this...um..."interesting" response:

"Hello Bill,
I don't have the answers for questions 1-3, and the side of the app was developed at another location I don't think I could find out if I tried. Also, I have no idea what they are planning for the firmware in terms of beta testing.
"

???

I'm not trying to throw the CS rep under the bus here, which is why I'm withholding their name. But this doesn't sit right with me, so I replied "Um…that’s not a very helpful response. Can you maybe forward this to someone who could give me a little more information?" And then got this reply:

"Hello Bill,
I can certainly forward it on, there is no one else here on the weekend is problem one, and like I said previously we don't have access to the devs that did that portion of the coding. If I had the answers or could get them for you I would.
"

Sounds like somebody is at their wit's end...either sick of working on Saturdays, sick of the job, or sick of the company. I received both helpful and semi-helpful support from this same person in the past (2 months ago) on a Saturday, so I dunno...I'm hoping this person is not a good gauge of what's going on in the company. :-(

It could be that the reps are fielding a bunch of requests due to the outage yesterday. They may just be getting a bit stressed out.

johnf

It could be that the reps are fielding a bunch of requests due to the outage yesterday. They may just be getting a bit stressed out.

johnf

I agree that could be a contributing factor. At the same time, that doesn't give CS reps the "right" to give poorly written and non-helpful responses. I'd hate to be a CEO and find out that my CS reps were giving these kinds of answers.

I looked him up to see if I could maybe open up a conversation with him. Guess that's a moot point now. :-(

Well the young lady that works a lot of weekends "Missty" any time I had any dealings with her she was clueless. She told me she was a tech, I told her OK but can I talk to someone who knows something about batteries as you sure don't. Her boss sent me a new battery later that day.

I agree that all of this taken together paints an unsettling picture. But, I am not ready to arrange for a funeral just yet. I think i'll take a wait and see attitude for now.

johnf

Steve McIrvin
I'm passionate about toys and tools that make learning fun for kids of all ages!

Greater Seattle Area
Consumer Electronics
Current
  1. Sabbatical,
  2. Consumer Technology Association
Previous
  1. Autel Robotics,
  2. CopterShop.com,
  3. Amazon
Education
  1. Indiana University - Kelley School of Business

I find this interesting:
From his https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevemcirvin/de describing CopterShop.com - "Together with my co-founder, I created CopterShop and grew it to become the leading ecommerce drone retailer for DJI's line of quadcopters. ...achieving over $20M in annual revenue by the end of 2015. Our successful exit was an acquisition by Autel Robotics to establish their US division, which we now manage." I am sure he has made some good friends at DJI.

You must be very bored to criticize Autel reps for such trivial questions. This company has a great reputation and I think you should back off, just saying.

So, I had 3 questions about the Starlink app, one question about beta testing the new firmware, and one suggestion about notifying the public *before* doing a "planned maintenance outage". I sent those to CS this morning and got this...um..."interesting" response:

"Hello Bill,
I don't have the answers for questions 1-3, and the side of the app was developed at another location I don't think I could find out if I tried. Also, I have no idea what they are planning for the firmware in terms of beta testing.
"

???

I'm not trying to throw the CS rep under the bus here, which is why I'm withholding their name. But this doesn't sit right with me, so I replied "Um…that’s not a very helpful response. Can you maybe forward this to someone who could give me a little more information?" And then got this reply:

"Hello Bill,
I can certainly forward it on, there is no one else here on the weekend is problem one, and like I said previously we don't have access to the devs that did that portion of the coding. If I had the answers or could get them for you I would.
"

Sounds like somebody is at their wit's end...either sick of working on Saturdays, sick of the job, or sick of the company. I received both helpful and semi-helpful support from this same person in the past (2 months ago) on a Saturday, so I dunno...I'm hoping this person is not a good gauge of what's going on in the company. :-(
ve

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791