Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Image quality, looking for raw DNGs

Marcus

Reaction score
Website
www.marcusbaker.com
Hi everyone
I'm new here, just joined, greetings from a very wet Ocean Park, WA.
My challenge is that I would like to offer drone still images with my real-estate photography business here on the peninsula. My main challenge is quality, as the reason anyone hires me is because I can offer them better images, than they can produce themselves.
I've been trying to find unaltered, raw DNGs from different drone platforms to see which ones would offer the best quality. I'm personally not a huge fan of DJI, not because their images are not good (they are really not bad) but because of their odd firmware update policy and geo-fencing. Yes I believe in responsible flying, but would like to be in charge of where and when. I’m practicing for my FAA 107 on remotepilot101.com and hope to have that soon.

I got some images from Skydio, but sadly both their JPEGs and DNGs are very noisy and have very bad colour pixelation. I got some from a DJI Mavic and am impressed, but . . . Because I'm only looking for still images, all wonderful 4K/60 films are gorgeous but of no great use to me. My clients need aerial stills of their houses, properties and views.

This is the reason I've joined this forum. The EVO ticks most of my boxes. That said, I've still not found any unaltered, raw DNGs to really checkout in detail. Could any of you ladies and gentlemen either supply me with such or show me where I might find some? I need to see details, so high aerials are not as useful as close up work. The subject matter is irrelevant, this is purely to get a sense of what quality I can expect.
I realise, that the EVO II is on the horizon, but that also means the EVO I is available at a great price and as this is my first, I would love to spend less than more, just so when I do crash it, I’ve lost the least amount of money :=)
Thanks for listening. If you have any questions, please just ask, regards Marcus

GMB_1009_3286_1200px.jpgGMB_1009_1765_1200px.jpgLFE_1016_1737_1200px_v2.jpgLFE_1016_1683_1200px_v1.jpgLFE_1016_1982_1200px_v1.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials