Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I'm transplant.. Autel Newbie from IOWA!

MshawnB

Reaction score
I'm taking the plunge! The plunge into the Autel. I've read and seen too much to ignore it anymore. I'm waiting on my Autel Evo 2 pro. I'm coming from DJI (Mavic mini and a Mavic Air 2). Im excited to learn this machine and contribute! My only disappointment so far is the lack of accessories compared to DJI. Im struggling to find a regular Ipad controller mount, camera mount for my insta 360 ONE x2 and everything else I can find 10 different versions of for the DJI.. Im open to any and all advice on accessories!

Welcome to the forum… good info similar to Mavic forum.
Congrats on the EVO2, I’m still pondering the EVO2 Ent.

The lack of 3rd Party App and Autel not motivated to working with 3rd Party Developers is one of the negatives in comparison.

The EVO app is improving, and Autel is providing the SDK to developers now… now need to encourage them to develope on this platform… that may be significantly longer.

If Autel can get product to the shelves… I think they have several new crafts that have features above DJI.

Reactions: MshawnB
Welcome my fellow Iowan!! I hope you're enjoying the amazing weather we've been having...not sure where you are, but it's been pretty balmy here in Ankeny. Obviously, it won't last...so get your flight time in while you can. Happy Holidays!

Welcome from Minnesota, have a look at the EVO II FoxFury Saddle as it might work for your insta if placing on top, to carry underneath you would have to get creative. So far the only accessory that have found hard to find for Autel vs. DJI is a bracket for attaching gopro type mounted devices to the underside. Granted, you have to search a bit more, however you should be able to find ipad mounts, range extenders, leg extenders, lights, carry/release devices, prop guards, etc. Granted, you wont find multiple vendors as well as not as many knock off or fake devices (e.g. like DJI batteries).

There are differences in the aps, as well as how the autel flies vs. different DJIs, so take your time, get to know the app, how it works, what is where, how the aircraft flies and handles, make adjusts to controller sticks etc, and practice practice practice. Oh, one thing to watch out for vs. DJI with Autel is your low battery alerts. On autel if you ignore the first low battery alert, and then get the second low battery alert, be prepared for the aircraft to want to start landing where it is. If you are not ready for that to happen and it happens unexpected, it can throw you off, so fyi.

Good luck and enjoy your Autel.

Reactions: MshawnB
Welcome my fellow Iowan!! I hope you're enjoying the amazing weather we've been having...not sure where you are, but it's been pretty balmy here in Ankeny. Obviously, it won't last...so get your flight time in while you can. Happy Holidays!
Seriously! Thank you, I’m in Cedar Rapids! 70 tomorrow?!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34