Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I have noo guts

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
Yesterday I travelled over the water for about 5 miles to look for a lost drone with the Evo. Believing that I failled to record the search video I deleted all the info on card, I plan to kayak back today . There is an island about midway 2.18 miles from the search area. I could launch the drone from there. The search time is about 5 min at slow speed and less then half a mile total.
I just dont have the guts to let it out of site for that long.
Would you do it?

Yes, I would, if only I wanted to lose a second drone.
Twice 2.18 miles to go to get out on the zone + a 5 min mission which will actually last 10 with changes and adjustments of direction, yes it is playable on a battery which will last on average 15 minutes, because it will it takes amps to get there quickly.
A word of advice, take a lottery tickey before.

Reactions: ebphoto
Peter...
I have been following your adventures, but I have a question?
What/Why do you expect to find something as small as a drone in a body of water after Five Months?
Can you see down that far in deep water?
It would be interesting to see a video of the search area!
Good Luck

You could always buy a cheap drone to help with the search effort. That way if it goes down your not out a bunch of money!!!

Yesterday I travelled over the water for about 5 miles to look for a lost drone with the Evo. Believing that I failled to record the search video I deleted all the info on card, I plan to kayak back today . There is an island about midway 2.18 miles from the search area. I could launch the drone from there. The search time is about 5 min at slow speed and less then half a mile total.
Would you do it?

Good Luck
TY
There's a chance (small) that it landed in some bush strip parallel to the beach. .
It was an SJRC F11 Pro. Fun to fly and relatively inexpensive
It was in "follow me "mode while I was riding the bike.
I was hoping to bring it down before ran out of juice. I couldn't find a place to pull over to retrieve it and when it ran low on calories it decided to go back home against the wind. My remote had no control over it. I followed it for 1/2 mile and disappeared behind the dunes. The area is impenetrable. It was tough the estimate the distance to it. Maybe it went for a dive, maybe not.
Overall, it gives me something to do. I will post a video if I find it interesting

Reactions: ebphoto
TY
There's a chance (small) that it landed in some bush strip parallel to the beach. .
It was an SJRC F11 Pro. Fun to fly and relatively inexpensive
It was in "follow me "mode while I was riding the bike.
I was hoping to bring it down before ran out of juice. I couldn't find a place to pull over to retrieve it and when it ran low on calories it decided to go back home against the wind. My remote had no control over it. I followed it for 1/2 mile and disappeared behind the dunes. The area is impenetrable. It was tough the estimate the distance to it. Maybe it went for a dive, maybe not.
Overall, it gives me something to do. I will post a video if I find it interesting
Oh...so it probably landed on the ground instead of the water !
I understand!
Yeah I know what you mean about something to do..
I am spending too much time on my various forums!
At least you are in a nice warm climate, here in the Northeast is still cold and gloomy and rainy.
Yesterday was nice and warm 55
spent the day mowing the lawns for the first time this year !
Today rain turning to snow !

I put those little TILE trackers on the tops of my drones. Adds another layer of safety to help find the drone if ever lost. They are inexpensive and you can use double Sided Tape to attach and reattach to your drones before you fly. Haven’t actually had to track one for real yet but they are loud enough when activated and I’ve done it around the house. I’ve seen others with the same & they seem to swear by them. So just thought I’d share that with you in case you haven’t heard of them. I’m sure there’s other devices out there as well. Hope you find your drone!! E

I understand!
At least you are in a nice warm climate, here in the Northeast is still cold and gloomy and rainy.
Would you do it?

I understand!
It is a possibility

We left Jersey a few years ago and not looking back.

Reactions: butch

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen