Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How's your reception?

Evil Penguin

Reaction score
Hi, been flying my XSP a bit for the past two days and I noticed the video reception is a little flaky.
If I fly directly above me and orient the antennas down, I still wind up getting some poor signal around 200 feet or so and lose connection. With my P3A I was able to go much higher up and still have a strong connection. Horizontal travel is also giving me similar issues. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interference from what I can tell. What's your experience with the control/video reception?

I'm thinking there may be an issue with starlink and iOS. I like apple but the video lag and pixelation still happens, more so than my P3A. I demo mine to others and at short ranges really no issues. Not sure if its my area I fly in or because i'm using iOS devices... Are you using android or iOS?

Hey guys , I use the Samsung galaxy tab 2s 9.7". When I fly i also get some pixelation. Mainly happenso when making fast turns (yaw). It can happen at any altitude or distance. The screen just kinda flakes out ,stretches. But after the rotation it comes right back to normal. Besides that it works good.

I'm thinking there may be an issue with starlink and iOS. I like apple but the video lag and pixelation still happens, more so than my P3A. I demo mine to others and at short ranges really no issues. Not sure if its my area I fly in or because i'm using iOS devices... Are you using android or iOS?
I'm using an Android tablet (NVIDIA Shield K1).
Turns out there is a bit too much noise in my area which caused the pixelation and video drop out.
The 2.4 GHz band fares better than the 900 MHz band where I live it seems.

Experiment a little with the antenna coming off of your controller I know that when I go out my antennas are at a 45° under my monitor try that guys.

Take the tablet off the controller mount and hold it away from the antennas at arms length. If your signal improver you are getting noise from the tablet. Just something to try. I use a Samsung Tab A 2016 and gave no issues even at 3000 plus feet away.

I have an Ipad Mini 2 that works great, but on my Nexus 6P, but the app won't start, so I can't test the starlink app on android vs IOS.

As far as reception, the video occasionally flickers and is full of noise, but still is usable to any distance I try to fly. I WAS having problems even at short distances, but it turned out that I was holding the RC incorrectly. Due to antenna orientation, the angle at which I held my phantom RC was actually pointing my Autel RC signal into the ground. When I remember to hold the RC higher, my range dramatically improved.

One thing I have found is if I lose video, just stopping flight and turning the AC just a little usually gets the video back.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials