Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to use the new Mission Planning feature in Autel Explorer

This is a great feature. Used it for the first the today. It's going to be fun and hopefully profitable to find ways to use this,.
Unless I missed something, the Mission Planner still cannot be set to use a waypoint below your launch site, which makes it useless for me, as I fly from a launch-site on a hill above the terrain I fly over. For a minimum height of 30 feet above that, I'd be better off using Google Earth!

Interesting. I haven’t been in a situation like that where I am flying below my start position. I do like that the other parameters can be set by point: height, speed, heading. I haven’t used other products and I don’t know how to use this with google.
I’ll be on the lookout for a chance to try this though.

I wonder what is Autel's take on this? Have you tried calling Aleandro and he certainly can speak to the engineers for a work around?

Unless I missed something, the Mission Planner still cannot be set to use a waypoint below your launch site, which makes it useless for me, as I fly from a launch-site on a hill above the terrain I fly over. For a minimum height of 30 feet above that, I'd be better off using Google Earth!

A possible work around would be to edit the waypoint file that is saved on Android devices. Root is not necessary. Just use a file explorer and navigate to explorer/mission to find your waypoint file. You can use a editing App like QuickEdit to edit your Alt.
Not sure if this would work but it is something we do in the Anafi App to get a negative Alt. and it works fine.
So where it says Altitude and gives you a value this is the number you would change to a negative number like "-10"
This if it does work will make your EVO drop down to 10 feet below your take off point.
Doing negative numbers you really need to be careful of whats around you.

Disclaimer
This has not been tested by me or anyone that I know of for the EVO so test at your own risk.

20190906_073613_rmscr.jpg

Reactions: G_G and Tufargon
A possible work around would be to edit the waypoint file that is saved on Android devices. Root is not necessary. Just use a file explorer and navigate to explorer/mission to find your waypoint file. You can use a editing App like QuickEdit to edit your Alt.
Not sure if this would work but it is something we do in the Anafi App to get a negative Alt. and it works fine.
So where it says Altitude and gives you a value this is the number you would change to a negative number like "-10"
This if it does work will make your EVO drop down to 10 feet below your take off point.
Doing negative numbers you really need to be careful of whats around you.

Disclaimer
This has not been tested by me or anyone that I know of for the EVO so test at your own risk.

View attachment 5124
Appreciate the attempted workaround, but I'll stick with Litchi (which does support negative Waypoints) which is unfortunately not available for the EVO. Not a large enough EVO userbase to justify the Litchi development resources, unlike DJI. That's where, despite all its strong points, the EVO still falls short. Aftermarket products and third party EVO support is still limited by the small user base.

Reactions: Tufargon
I wonder what is Autel's take on this? Have you tried calling Aleandro and he certainly can speak to the engineers for a work around?
I've definitely expressed my concerns to Autel. Too much of a liability, in their view.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan