Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to download the images from the built-in flash card !

VdoMemories

Reaction score
Just came back after flying, before leaving I was careful to make sure my 256 Gig Micro SD was seated yet when I took off it said NO Card so I opted for Onboard flash card and shot my Panoramic and when I got home indeed the micro SD was out and yet protected from falling out by the card slot door! !
Now I can't have excess to my pictures even after trying two different USB A hooked to my laptop and the USB-C to the Drone and powered up, what am I doing wrong here as I need my pictures ASAP.
I tried powering the drone and then with the remote and nothing shows up on my laptop as additional Hard drive, very frustrating !
Please help !

Last edited:
Just came back after flying, before leaving I was careful to make sure my 256 Gig Micro SD was seated yet when I took off it said NO Card so I opted for Onboard flash card and shot my Panoramic and when I got home indeed the micro SD was out and yet protected from falling out by the card slot door! !
Now I can't have excess to my pictures even after trying two different USB A hooked to my laptop and the USB-C to the Drone and powered up, what am I doing wrong here as I need my pictures ASAP.
I tried powering the drone and then with the remote and nothing shows up on my laptop as additional Hard drive, very frustrating !
Please help !

It sounds like you are doing everything right, is the laptop a Windows device? I've never had a problem with mine. I simply use a USB-C to USB-A cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable and make sure the drone is turned on and the computer is turned on then plug the cable into the drone and the other end into the computer; it shows up as a storage device and I am able to copy from the onboard storage.

Greetings Herein, I re did the steps you said to follow, nothing shows up on my Windows 10 desk top. I'll try pulling out an older desktop that may not be Windows 10 and see.
The other desk top is Windows XP from Sony and tried again but nothing happened.
I then went back to Firmware 2.7.25 after 2.7.30 Beta on both my EVO2 Pro and retried, nothing shows up .

Thank for your feedback.
Regards,
Ajay

Last edited:
Greetings Herein, I re did the steps you said to follow, nothing shows up on my Windows 10 desk top. I'll try pulling out an older desktop that may not be Windows 10 and see.
The other desk top is Windows XP from Sony and tried again but nothing happened.
I then went back to Firmware 2.7.25 after 2.7.30 Beta on both my EVO2 Pro and retried, nothing shows up .

Thank for your feedback.
Regards,
Ajay
I also have desktop win10, works by simply putting the drone on USB with computer Then turn on the drone.

I went to Best buy and picked up yet another cable for $30
Nothing happens on both my Autel EVO2 Pro when powered up !

Autel, needed to put a door to access the flash card for our convenience, failed miserable on yet another stupid common sense issue.
On the other hand the Autel EVO2 Pro is improving by leaps and bounds indeed !

Common sense is indeed a Gods given gift, use it or loose it !

I wonder what if my all 5 cables are defective or the Drone USB -C bracket !
I don't want to start dismantling my other wise working Autel EVO 2 Pro to find my Flash card and end up damaging the drone.

**--** I was in the middle of building my 6K computer, I went ahead and booted it up a Windows 10.
No luck and I missed the deadline to post those pictures in time stuck in the Flash card that should have easily been accessible through a door !

Autel as usual will not respond, I will not buy Autel Product again due to harassment from them !
Having bought two Autel EVO2 Pro is already way too much !
The USB-C to USB A 6 feet cable should have been in both boxes included ! !

Attachments

• 20211129_062850.jpg
    20211129_062850.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Autel, needed to put a door to access the flash card for our convenience, failed miserable on yet another stupid common sense issue.

I don't want to start dismantling my other wise working Autel EVO 2 Pro to find my Flash card and end up damaging the drone.
I had 3 cables for fast charge and Quick charge from Samsung and Huawei...None worked...It worked with a very cheap cable that camed at a cheap phone :))))
Why? I realy do not know...

That is so strange, I have only used the onboard storage a few times but when I did, I just grabbed a random cable from my stack of cables; never thought twice about it. I can tell you though that there is no flash card in the drone, if you take it apart you will simply be risking the drone's integrity; the onboard memory is probably a chip soldered onto the mainboard and good luck trying to find which one or get anything off of it using any means other than the USB port.

Have you tried multiple ports on your computer? Many slightly older computers have some ports that are USB 3.0+ and the rest are USB 2.0 or even USB 1.1. The USB 3.0 ports are identifiable by the letters SS on the USB symbol. Also, have you tried different power up sequences? I would try powering up the drone first before plugging it in, then try plugging it in then powering it up, connecting the cable from the PC end first then vice versa, etc. You could also try connecting everything then going into Windows 10's device manager and selecting Scan for New Hardware.

Another thing you can do is connect everything then go into Disk Management, possibly the Windows 10 OS does not recognize the file system, if you see a disk there with no drive letter then it may be that Windows does not recognize the format. Needless to say, I never use the onboard storage, mainly because it is too many extra steps when I get home to have to get the footage off of the internal storage.

Also, does the footage show in the Autel App? I know DJI let you download footage from the drone via the App but I don't think Autel does, however I believe you can view the footage on the onboard storage via the App.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubik3x
Greetings, after spending on 6 cables USB -A to USB-C, none worked finally I took a chance and went to Dollar Tree and bought two $1 cables and guess what they worked ! !

Autel failed to even give me a straight answer, these Autel Stupid people could have included that same Dollar Tree cable with each drone for 15 to 20 cents !
Goes to show how dumb they are with their " Stupid Common Sense Issues "
" Common sense is a God given gift, use it or loose it "
I will soon start selling my Autel EVO2 Pro and join DJI group at a much cheaper price ! !
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Beta Firmware 2.7.30 and 2.7.2.5 the GPS is taking too long to lock up, I find myself waving the remote up in the air hoping to lock-on the GPS, very funny but true !
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**--** The newer firmware 2.7.2.5 keeps freezing the video feed with switching between Manual and Panoramic mode.
Forced to abort my picture taking due to freezing video feed, had to land and re-boot to get it to start working again but lost the opportunity to capture the image !
**--** The moment the drone finishes taking the last picture, it should be asking:

A. Continue with a Newer Mission

Or

B. Stitch the Panoramic picture while draining your already Short Changed Battery and then end up re-doing it with Free ICE as the Autel stitching quality is horrible with bad effects, unusable.

When in Panoramic mode and setting up my location etc and if I like what I see
I should be able to press the camera button and take a quick picture and then Press " Go " for Panoramic shot ! !

Slow down the camera movements further for smoother shots to .04 to .06 from .2 as being still to fast !
Need smoother gradual picking up the motion speed that I Dial-in 1 second to 8 seconds gradual delay and slow pick-up.
I'm Photographer and a videographer not racing car driver, wake up.
Give me drone speed to choose from 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 miles per hour.
If DJI can fix their zoom in Air 2 to smoother gradual zoom then why your zoom are Jerky 2, 3, 4, nothing but Jerky zoom.

Last edited:
Greetings, after spending on 6 cables USB -A to USB-C, none worked finally I took a chance and went to Dollar Tree and bought two $1 cables and guess what they worked ! !

Autel failed to even give me a straight answer, these Autel Stupid people could have included that same Dollar Tree cable with each drone for 15 to 20 cents !
Goes to show how dumb they are with their " Stupid Common Sense Issues "
" Common sense is a God given gift, use it or loose it "
I will soon start selling my Autel EVO2 Pro and join DJI group at a much cheaper price ! !

The newer firmware 2.7.2.5 keeps freezing the video feed with switching between Manual and Panoramic mode.
**--** The moment the drone finishes taking the last picture, it should be asking:

A. Continue with the Mission

Or

B. Stitch the Panoramic picture

When in Panoramic mode and setting up my location etc and if I like what I see
I should be able to press the camera button and take a quick picture and then Press " Go " for Panoramic shot ! !

Slow down the camera movements further for smoother shots to .04 to .06 from .2 as being still to fast !
I'm not racing, wake up.
Hate to say: "Told you..."...:))))

Yes, you are the one who said use Cheap cable.
If Dollar Tree can sell this wonderful well made cable for a $1.
Autel could have easily included it for 15 to 20 cents in each drone box, its 39 inches long !
Had also in the meantime ordered another cheap Walmart cable for $6.19 a six foot one just the right length , works great
Thank you.
Best regards,
Ajay

Last edited:
[I posted this in another thread but thought it might be worth a cross-post - this thread is the first result that google showed when I was looking for help...]

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but my problem was that I was apparently using cables that were meant for charging only and not data transfer (this is my theory anyway....). I noticed that one of the cables in my pile was quite a bit thicker than the ones I had been trying to use, and when I tried that one, I had no problems at all...

[I posted this in another thread but thought it might be worth a cross-post - this thread is the first result that google showed when I was looking for help...]

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but my problem was that I was apparently using cables that were meant for charging only and not data transfer (this is my theory anyway....). I noticed that one of the cables in my pile was quite a bit thicker than the ones I had been trying to use, and when I tried that one, I had no problems at all...
A charging vs data cable would be a problem, not sure if same thread you mentioned however responded in different thread that as long as using data cable, have been able to attach, see and copy data from the Autel internal memory device using win laptop as well as from a droid phone.

It sounds like you are doing everything right, is the laptop a Windows device? I've never had a problem with mine. I simply use a USB-C to USB-A cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable and make sure the drone is turned on and the computer is turned on then plug the cable into the drone and the other end into the computer; it shows up as a storage device and I am able to copy from the onboard storage.
Mine is mounting and showing a drive yet it’s empty with the full internal capacity showing like nothing is on there. The memory card doesn’t have the files either wtf.

Ever since I got the DJI Air 2 S and Mevic 3 Classic I started directly down loading all my files through a cable to my computer, with Autel EVO 2 Pro I use to pull out the Micro SD card very risky and the Micro SD card lid would break etc. Find a cable usually a cheap cable from Dollar Tree will let you download your images from the drone directly, when I bought a $29.99 cable from Best Buy it did not let me download my images.

Try Walmart cable for $6.99 I love mine and its longer cable.
The Dollar Tree cable works wonderfully, here is the picture, second one, its only 3 feet long, tho !.

I have been held Hostage, beaten up, pulled my hairs with Autel Holding me Hostage for over a Year with both my Autel eVO2 Pro.

Its a Shame for no one dared to Sue them for Harassment jointly so they get away with murder.
I'm very Happy with DJI Air 2 S , more like a little Beast and gets thing done.
The Macic 3 Classic is a Lady and does things with class and style ! !

Attachments

• 20230302_121759.jpg
    20230302_121759.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230302_122654.jpg
    20230302_122654.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Mine is mounting and showing a drive yet it’s empty with the full internal capacity showing like nothing is on there. The memory card doesn’t have the files either wtf.

That is so odd, I don't have any of those problems with my EVO II, I always use the microSD card but a few times I have taken off without the card and the internal storage was great as a temporary backup to prevent having to waste battery power landing to insert the card. But I also refuse to update my FW and most of the problems I see on this forum seem to be FW related; my FW is far from perfect, but none of its imperfections prevent it from completing every project that I've thrown its way.

Ever since I got the DJI Air 2 S and Mevic 3 Classic I started directly down loading all my files through a cable to my computer, with Autel EVO 2 Pro I use to pull out the Micro SD card very risky and the Micro SD card lid would break etc. Find a cable usually a cheap cable from Dollar Tree will let you download your images from the drone directly, when I bought a $29.99 cable from Best Buy it did not let me download my images.

Try Walmart cable for $6.99 I love mine and its longer cable.
The Dollar Tree cable works wonderfully, here is the picture, second one, its only 3 feet long, tho !.

I have been held Hostage, beaten up, pulled my hairs with Autel Holding me Hostage for over a Year with both my Autel eVO2 Pro.

Its a Shame for no one dared to Sue them for Harassment jointly so they get away with murder.
I'm very Happy with DJI Air 2 S , more like a little Beast and gets thing done.
The Macic 3 Classic is a Lady and does things with class and style ! !

BestBuy horribly overprices their cables, except when I need cables with very specific adapters or ends I usually just get Amazon Basics cables for everything. Average price $3-$6 and typically arrives within 4hrs. Even a trip to WalMart these days with gas prices and no guarantee that they will have the cable you need is more expensive than ordering from Amazon.

I much prefer the microSD card over the internal storage, I've been using microSD cards in drones for over 10yrs now and never lost footage, had missing footage, or had a problem with the card. Yes the EVO II's microSD card cover is flimsy but most of my drones didn't even have a slot cover. Also, I handle it extremely carefully; 2yrs+ and hundreds of flights later and it still looks brand new.

The other problem with internal storage is it is way smaller than microSD cards, it is very easy to run out of space mid air and good luck trying to figure out what is safe to delete with only minutes left on the battery. For projects I tend to keep a copy of the footage on the microSD card until the project is complete as an additional backup, that wouldn't work with the internal storage due to how small it is.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials