Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to abort automatically landing

NovicePilot

Reaction score
Miami Florida and Bogota Colombia, my two homes!
Hi pilots! I saw on a Youtube video that when battery reaches lowest level, the machine is forced to automatically land but the pilot was able to take over, abort the landing and bring the machine to land close to his position. Please, help and thanks so much!

You can apply the throttle to your drone, which will prevent the drone from losing altitude (You won't gain any altitude though), and use the other stick to drive your drone home. I have done this in the past.

You can apply the throttle to your drone, which will prevent the drone from losing altitude (You won't gain any altitude though), and use the other stick to drive your drone home. I have done this in the past.
You can apply throttle to hold altitude and continue to fly back when it first starts to force land, but once you get down to 6 or 7% battery - the EVO will continue to force land and lose altitude regardless of throttle input.

Reactions: Ansia
The pause button will only cancel the first of the two warnings. The second is a critical warning.
Thanks for your help. I have several questions, I start summer vacations and planning to use the machine as mush as I can. So, I apply throttle to keep altitude, but can I direct the machine towards my location? On the second warning, it will land on any surface, even water? I saw that we can set first and second warnings by time fly or battery percentage, Where do we do that and what is your settings recommendations? If RTH is on I cancel by pressing RTH again? Finally, is true that if the machine lost contact with the RC or the RC is turned off, the machine returns to the take off point? Thanks so much guys!!!

You know, the best is to start going back to 20% battery, you increase the chances of being able to return the drone without stress, to be able to end your vacation with an intact device, not to create accidents by battery rupture.
Starting with the idea of going to the end of the battery is not a wise idea. It's increasing the chances of losing your toy.
I guess you go on vacation with enough gas in your car to go all the way.

Reactions: kelly1 and Drgnfli
Thanks for your help. I have several questions, I start summer vacations and planning to use the machine as mush as I can. So, I apply throttle to keep altitude, but can I direct the machine towards my location? On the second warning, it will land on any surface, even water? I saw that we can set first and second warnings by time fly or battery percentage, Where do we do that and what is your settings recommendations? If RTH is on I cancel by pressing RTH again? Finally, is true that if the machine lost contact with the RC or the RC is turned off, the machine returns to the take off point? Thanks so much guys!!!
1) yes
2) It will land anywhere.
3) my setting recommendation is 40% and 25%
4) You can do it that way or hit cancel on the app.
5) yes, the drone will RTH after 10 seconds if not mistaken.

You know, the best is to start going back to 20% battery, you increase the chances of being able to return the drone without stress, to be able to end your vacation with an intact device, not to create accidents by battery rupture.
Starting with the idea of going to the end of the battery is not a wise idea. It's increasing the chances of losing your toy.
I guess you go on vacation with enough gas in your car to go all the way.
Hahahaha....you are absolutely right! We don't go on vacation with a half tank...Thanks. I set 25% and 20%.

I believe the warning message settings are based on experience and terrain's conditions. Most of the time I flight close by or around small lakes with plenty of birds that have already attacked the machine so I think that 20% and 25% give me some confidence.

Come home at 20%, 30% if you're flying long distance..Don't run the battery all the way down, you increase the chances of a forced RTH situation. For no reason.
Also, periodically check the battery level and everything else. It's part of the "pilot scan". It's your responsibility to keep track of these things..

Reactions: Drgnfli
why not set the second warning as low as possible if flying over water so that it doesn't just decide to land in the water? Also, you should be sure to check out wind speed for the return flight as it really makes a difference on battery drain.

Reactions: parkgt
it doesn't matter where you set the second warning, the craft will land wherever it is when failsafe kicks in I believe either 5% or 7%, you have no control over failsafe. I don't understand the point of looking to fly till the last minute where the only result even if you make it back home is a ruined battery that will likely become unsafe.

Reactions: Tufargon
it doesn't matter where you set the second warning, the craft will land wherever it is when failsafe kicks in I believe either 5% or 7%, you have no control over failsafe. I don't understand the point of looking to fly till the last minute where the only result even if you make it back home is a ruined battery that will likely become unsafe.
Well put!

I don't understand the point of the second warning setting then? what about the future where it will automatically return home if it calculates it doesn't have enough battery left to get back to the starting point?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan