Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do you practice?

Squerly

Reaction score
I try to fly every day. My practice routine consists of:
  • Flying low-level figure 8's around some trees in the field.
  • Flying circles around the RTV that I drove down to the practice field. When I'm circling the RTV, I fly camera forward and circle for a few laps and then turn the drone so that the camera is facing the RTV for a few laps.
  • Flying at speed a couple of feet above the ground and then accelerating rapidly into the sky at a 45* angle until I reach a couple of hundred feet.
  • Doing figure 8's while I'm up there.
  • Then descending rapidly (left controller pulled full back and right controller full forward) back to where I'm piloting from.
  • When the drone is almost back home I slow it down, spin it to where the back is facing me (and I can see the battery lights flashing), and then back up to where the drone is beside me.
  • Then I walk across the field with the drone flying circles around me. (This is tougher than it sounds!)
Just wondering how everyone else practices flying and improving the handling skills?

Force the drone into ATTI and fly that way and don't forget to turn vps off.
OK, I flew in ATTI mode for the first time this morning. lol, that'll sure bring your confidence level down a couple of notches... o_O

OK, I flew in ATTI mode for the first time this morning. lol, that'll sure bring your confidence level down a couple of notches... o_O
If you master ATTI flying. Then you have nothing to fear in an emergency situation. The scariest thing that can happen, besides the drone falling of the skies, is watching your drone drift away when it loses GPS signal.

Reactions: Squerly
When I lived where we had trees I would zig zag through them back and forth at a low level and go up and down in the small openings. Here I just do figure 8's in the air.

Reactions: Squerly and Ansia
Force the drone into ATTI and fly that way and don't forget to turn vps off.
How do you force an Evo I to Atti—short of the dreaded tinfoil trick? I’d fly Atti most of the time if there were a way to switch it on and off.

How do you force an Evo I to Atti—short of the dreaded tinfoil trick? I’d fly Atti most of the time if there were a way to switch it on and off.
The best and easiest is to fly under a roof and turn off VPS. A place like a large warehouse. Gym, basketball court, your living room if you have a huge house.

• Haha
Reactions: Nightbat2
The best and easiest is to fly under a roof and turn off VPS. A place like a large warehouse. Gym, basketball court, your living room if you have a huge house.
Sadly, the interior of my house is not scenic. Still wish Autel would give us Atti on a switch.

All you need is to learn to fly it in ATTI, not record your dog on top of the couch watching tv. Or you can buy this and practice.

Yep, you can’t get your licence here without being able to handle Atti. And once you know how, it is great for video—much smoother.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials