Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do you get video output to a TV ground station?

Cowcharge

Reaction score
Does the video have to go to the TV through a tablet? Can I pick up the signal with a separate 900MHz receiver?

Thanks.

Last edited:
It would probably be easiest to take the video output from the tablet that is attached to the controller.

I am experimenting with pulling video using an RTL SDR Dongle. The main IC at the bottom of the PCB on the X-Star Premium is an iTE IT9507FNHDTV digital video transmitter. This appears to be a DVB-T encoder/transmitter. It should be possible to pick up the signal. Seeing an image? I don't know yet. I have not figured out what software I actually need with the dongle I got. They are pretty generic, and commonly used for Software Define Radio experimentation.

You can mirror the phone or tablet to a smart tv or use a roku.

Does the video have to go to the TV through a tablet? Can I pick up the signal with a separate 900MHz receiver?

Thanks.
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, the simplest way is to take the SD card out of the camera and use a USB adapter to plug it into the TV. I have done this if I want to see it on the big screen.

You don't suppose Cowcharge wants to fly from the comfort of his Lazy Boy chair, kicking back and watching the flight on his 150" SHDF TV do ya? ;)

Reactions: fundy
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, the simplest way is to take the SD card out of the camera and use a USB adapter to plug it into the TV. I have done this if I want to see it on the big screen.
I think he wants to use the TV for 'live' viewing, while the drone is in the air.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
The other thing at least with the Evo 2 v3, is that they're not doing a constant carrier it seems for video. I tried finding out if they did with mine and it looks like it's doing a frequency hop of some sort. Need to play around some more with my spec analyzer and the drone/controller, but when I was trying the other night, you'd see jumps of digital carriers across the 5.8ghz band when panning the camera, then just ever so slight jumps around the band otherwise. (big jumps probably when an i-frame needed to be sent on scene change in the encoder).

makes trying to receive with an external, non-autel device difficult. (also maybe more difficult to jam... ). So if anyone really wants to do video downlink the easiest way to be separate from the operator is to use the Live Deck.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Earl