Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do you do survey stuff (if you do)

mjbok

Reaction score
I'm the "that geek with a bunch of drones" amongst my friends and because of that I'll get asked can you do this or do that for me. I usually oblige (I'm just a hobbyist and have to defend this hobby to myself at least), but I had some questions, specifically about doing house stuff.

Tomorrow I am doing a first run for someone that is building a house. Tomorrow should be easy since it's just the lot (the hole is being dug next week), but I know how I've done things and wanted some expert opinions.

My typical approach is I have a 9 location grid.

7 8 9
6 1 2
5 4 3

with 1 being directly above. I take a picture at every location at 50 feet, then repeat at 100, 150, etc. I probably will just run video at the same time and take advantage of the ability to take pictures while rolling video.

Is this overkill?
Is there a better way to do it?
Can waypoints be used for this?
With my Typhoon I can actually set the gimbal angle with each waypoint and it will stop at each marked location, which I don't believe is true for either with the Evo. I thought it would be great to use waypoints because as I will repeat this process over the course of the build it would give my friend a virtual timeline of the build.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, do you guys get asked to do stuff for people since you're that drone person as well?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in84