Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Horizon tilt issue

I never have that issue with tilt, I just ran the new update on one of the batteries and did not have to adjust anything.
The new firmware appears to have fixed the horizon tilted issue. I upgraded the firmware and applied it to all my three batteries. I will test it next week. This weekend is going to be very windy where I live.

Reactions: thomasr
I never have that issue with tilt, I just ran the new update on one of the batteries and did not have to adjust anything.
I had never experienced it before the update either. Someone suggested that I calibrate the camera, then power cycle everything, turning the RC off first when turning off and turning it on last. It worked.

The new firmware appears to have fixed the horizon tilted issue. I upgraded the firmware and applied it to all my three batteries. I will test it next week. This weekend is going to be very windy where I live.

I was not trying to kill my Ford Evo -- I swear! LoL Wind is what I am dealing with. Windy! or breezy, especially with the seasons changing.

I did get it out yesterday. The winds were forecast to die down and somewhat did so -- but not for long -- and I think Evo was getting hit pretty good a few times with 30+ mph, especially the gusts :rolleyes:. Otherwise, winds were a constant 10-15 mph for several minutes at a time -- or none at all.

Evo overall impressed me -- given the simple fact it just didn't fall out of the sky the way the winds were doing -- lol I was not too reckless -- as I was seeing how Evo reacted to everything -- I did just stop and hover -- or descend to below the treeline a time or two and almost put it back in the box for another day. ?

Did get a good laugh as usual at some of the flaws. I have a really funny incident with Dynamic Tracking, that I didn't understand until I seen in the video, what was going on. I had Evo so confused I had to hover to the ground as I sorted out all of the calamity once tracking was "considered" lost. o_O

Oh - I have not flown in 34 mph before -- I kicked the training wheels off! -- Evo looses altitude just as bad as in Ludicrous mode. Unless I had a wind behind me doing something funny, I could not have been hitting a head wind as it was getting full speed.

And it did not seem to want to answer my "PUSH UP COMMAND" as I kept pushing forward. I had to stop to regain altitude lost. ? Unless I just have to let off speed a little and apply lift and keep adjusting altitude in a "back off" manner on the forward stick -- It really did not answer me with both sticks were pushed up on the controller -- it was only moving forward and drifting down as it moved along.

Can't really complain much about gimbal tilt on mine -- as I noted the BETA and this last stable release has tweaked the gimbal each time. I am still studying it or waiting to study, as video from yesterday looks ok -- considering the wind. ? Either way -- it seems it is going to be a problem or not going to be a problem -- I've ruled it as having a mind of it's own.

Headed out again in an hour or so. ?✈????? If the wind forecast I am reading is anywhere close -- the wind should be no greater than a breeze to 8 mph.

I'll share footage from yesterday and today as it's processed/uploaded.

While adjusting the gimbal to null out the tilt I have discovered quite a bit of lag in the adjustment. Anyone else have this issue? I'll tap the + or the - buttons several times to try to get the camera level and then start flying and recording and then I see the camera starting to make more adjustments and then jerk and shake rapidly for just a fraction of a second then settle down. All this several seconds after I made the adjustments.

While adjusting the gimbal to null out the tilt I have discovered quite a bit of lag in the adjustment. Anyone else have this issue? I'll tap the + or the - buttons several times to try to get the camera level and then start flying and recording and then I see the camera starting to make more adjustments and then jerk and shake rapidly for just a fraction of a second then settle down. All this several seconds after I made the adjustments.

In my earlier gimbal issues -- Autel replied:

The gimbal is designed to level in flight, it probably won't ever calibrate and line up perfectly on the floor.

So after you calibrate your gimbal, you shouldn't need to adjust the + or -. I understand why you would want to though -- I tried this out.

My gimbal and camera was acting as you describe -- with 2 subsequent firmware updates (Beta 1.3.45 and Stable 1.3.46) -- it no longer seems to have these fits...

It would seem logical to me, if you are setting it "off-tilt" with a + or -
then you will see it going through this "designed to level in flight" procedure -- I would assume.

Does it do this when you leave that setting on (0)zero?

I can finally say that the tilted horizon issue is fixed thanks to the lastest firmware. I tested the Evo in different occasions today and never see the horizon tilted anymore. Bravo for Autel for fixing a very annoyed issue. I will closed a ticket I have in hold from Autel about this issue.

Guys, whats the deal. Is this a common problem. It
I would like to know why some have this problem and others do not. This is starting to bring back memories of waiting for the development team to fix problems on the X-Star that they never could.
You are touching a nerve there.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I can finally say that the tilted horizon issue is fixed thanks to the lastest firmware. I tested the Evo in different occasions today and never see the horizon tilted anymore. Bravo for Autel for fixing a very annoyed issue. I will closed a ticket I have in hold from Autel about this issue.
Good..I updated. Hoping it is fixed. This tilt reminds me of my Phantom Advanced. Drove me nuts until they released an update. Did the update fix the problem for everyone?

This problem is still unfixed across the board... Like someone has already mentioned, I am intentional to make sure I take off from a leveled place. I've noticed that when I take off from top of the roof or hood of a car, uneven terrain, house roof, etc., the gimbal stays unleveled at point of lift off. I then strafe left and right rapidly and sometimes that helps 'wake it up'... And, sometimes when that doesn't change things, I would land and take off again... and that usually fixes it for me... :cool:

As for the update 1.3.46 firmware update, I've had a lot less of this issue... But, still, it's annoying. :rolleyes:

Lastly, I would suggest to those that have a way to edit in post to simply just 'roate' the picture with a little bit of cropping to compensate. For what I do, this allows me to not have to worry with the said issue and still can get crap done! :D

At least Autel seems like they are working toward a solution for all of us... Speaking of solution, do any of you know when the next F/U is happening?

Cheers!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky