Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help with video!

Steiny143

Reaction score
I first wanted to let you all know that I value your advice and I'm really enjoying this forum. Anyway, I've watched lots of YouTube videos but I still struggle with camera settings for my videos on my X-Star Premium. Also, I'm kind of running out of ideas for what to film. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum. I watched the video and it looked good. It's only 720 so I can't comment on that part but it looked like you tried the various settings. I primarily use a flat setting (LOG) as I edit in post with FCPX. If you don't post edit then choose a setting that gives you the colors you like straight out of the camera. I would suggest you choose the white balance from the settings vs. auto. If it is sunny, set it to sunny, etc.. It will give you a more stable white balance, in auto it will vary within the video from dark to light as it sees fit. There is lots to learn about camera settings no matter if the camera is attached to a quad or not, the lessons are universal. If your not familiar with the basic settings do a bit of googling or Youtubing and you have it in no time. As for subject matter, that countryside is an interesting one. I can envision an early morning flight in the mist with the tops of those hills poking through. Maybe a shot with those peaks between your drone & the setting or rising sun. That old barn you cruised over would make a good subject also. If you post to the web your viewers could be anywhere on the globe. Many people don't live where they can see landscapes like yours. People love trains, boats, water, old buildings, etc. They all make great subject matter so if any of those are near you, it increases your choices.

Fly safe and keep posting those videos... in at least 1080 if you can. ;)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum. I watched the video and it looked good. It's only 720 so I can't comment on that part but it looked like you tried the various settings. I primarily use a flat setting (LOG) as I edit in post with FCPX. If you don't post edit then choose a setting that gives you the colors you like straight out of the camera. I would suggest you choose the white balance from the settings vs. auto. If it is sunny, set it to sunny, etc.. It will give you a more stable white balance, in auto it will vary within the video from dark to light as it sees fit. There is lots to learn about camera settings no matter if the camera is attached to a quad or not, the lessons are universal. If your not familiar with the basic settings do a bit of googling or Youtubing and you have it in no time. As for subject matter, that countryside is an interesting one. I can envision an early morning flight in the mist with the tops of those hills poking through. Maybe a shot with those peaks between your drone & the setting or rising sun. That old barn you cruised over would make a good subject also. If you post to the web your viewers could be anywhere on the globe. Many people don't live where they can see landscapes like yours. People love trains, boats, water, old buildings, etc. They all make great subject matter so if any of those are near you, it increases your choices.

Fly safe and keep posting those videos... in at least 1080 if you can. ;)
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I may have many more questions!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d