Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from frozen Ohio!

FF119

Reaction score
Just got my X-Star Premium! 0 flights so far because the temp is 0 as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: brian bwin
Welcome I'm in the buckeye state also . Have had my X-Star Premium for 3 weeks now with zero flights. I hope we don't have to wait till spring.

Welcome I'm in the buckeye state also . Have had my X-Star Premium for 3 weeks now with zero flights. I hope we don't have to wait till spring.
Hello fellow buckeye!
Yeah no kidding its driving me nuts. Hopfully one of those 60 degree days we get shows up soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What, why no fly? I live in MI and flew couple days ago when it was 34 degrees, no problems. Just keep spare battery warm so when you switch out it will fly immediately. When booting up the drone it was ready to fly almost immediately. Your drone will tell you when it is safe to fly. I took some awesome pictures and videos of the snow and the lake I live on. Florida is way too hot in the summer.

Reactions: Delta Blue
Autel just had a recent good article on its website about cold weather flying. As Bonsy mentioned, keeping the battery warm first is good. Autel also suggests hovering the aircraft about 30 to 60 seconds close to the take off site to let the system warm up first. They suggest that as the procedure for every launch even in good weather. The battery performs worse when it is cold and will not work as long.

Autel just had a recent good article on its website about cold weather flying. As Bonsy mentioned, keeping the battery warm first is good. Autel also suggests hovering the aircraft about 30 to 60 seconds close to the take off site to let the system warm up first. They suggest that as the procedure for every launch even in good weather. The battery performs worse when it is cold and will not work as long.
Perfect Delta Blue, that is the reason I am now flying during the winter.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy