Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello everyone , the new firmware is having a big problem , be caution .

Chrisxiao

Reaction score
Hi, after many times test , I am sure of that the new controller firmware having a big dangerous problem , Please let software engineer dept review this immediately!!!

1, many times disconnecting in the air when the upright height over about 300m;
2, auto RTH no any reason ;
3, refresh Home point when the drone flying !

4, both of Nano and lite have the same problem !

I have updated yesterday and made a flight, no issues, still, the Remote firmware is RED.
I would advice you to try with another cable or check if you have dirty connector at phone.

If you have issues try installing the firmware again. I presume the Autel support rep in this forum can get you the files to do the sdcard install. Ask nicely :).

Hi, after many times test , I am sure of that the new controller firmware having a big dangerous problem , Please let software engineer dept review this immediately!!!

I'm having same problem with return to home. Case I change point to return, for example, by ME the drone keep returning to original point.

after the firmware update my controller will not reboot or respond to any commands. Is there any button reset available. Just talked to an engineer at Autel and the controller needs to be returned, taken apart and using 4 leads reload the software. His statement is that I downloaded the smart controller software into the regular software. Two comments to this situation: 1. Software should not be loaded before the software initialization routine has verified the hardware to preclude the situation that happened to me. 2) The boot loader should be able to load firmware from a USB drive using a set of button depressions to initiate the load. This would assist the initial load of software during the hardware build process as well. I went back to the software download and verified that I downloaded the correct verion of the software. A 2nd download does verify that the software I downloaded on Wednesday is the same as the software I downloaded on Friday so their explanation may be incorrect.

Last edited:

I have the same problem. I was about 300 yards away at 130 feet and it disconnected. Good thing I could see it because it did not try to come home. It just stayed where it was. The green was frozen at the point that it disconnected. I landed ok and tried numerous times to turning off and on with both RC and drone. It would connect for a bit and then disconnect. It seems to have gotten continually worse. Maybe heat related?? Sounds like there must t be something with the new firmware if allot are experiencing the same thing. Certainly not safe to fly.

I have the same problem. I was about 300 yards away at 130 feet and it disconnected. Good thing I could see it because it did not try to come home. It just stayed where it was. The green was frozen at the point that it disconnected. I landed ok and tried numerous times to turning off and on with both RC and drone. It would connect for a bit and then disconnect. It seems to have gotten continually worse. Maybe heat related?? Sounds like there must t be something with the new firmware if allot are experiencing the same thing. Certainly not safe to fly.
A bit more info; even after the drone disconnects from the RC, the green light remains on, on the drone.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ