Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Heck of a scare situation yesterday

Keep in mind you can upload your logs to a tool/service such as airdata where you can see much more than what the app shows, including virtual replay of the missions, what the sticks were doing and more.
The app shows the flight path, sticks movement, altitude and a few other things. Is airdata better? Do you fly the drone using that app?

Attachments

• 5C3827DD-2B37-46A4-A551-ED62EDFF65CE.png
    5C3827DD-2B37-46A4-A551-ED62EDFF65CE.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
After having disconnection problems 4 or 5 times, I changed the cable like Quinn Karter suggested(thanks!!!) and flew the drone 2 days in a row with no disconnections. I’m back home now so tomorrow I will use the original cable to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Reactions: gschulzuio
The app shows the flight path, sticks movement, altitude and a few other things. Is airdata better? Do you fly the drone using that app?
You fly using Autel explorer, you add your airdata token info to explorer app, then you do your regular upload of missions flown, results then show in airdata. From there you can see general info, weather, battery, sensors, notifications, events and much more.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
I bet it'll be the same (wandering gimbal, random disconnections, etc), as they seem to be caused by software, sadly it's the end of March, and they haven't released a new firmware since January and there are a lot of things to fix.
Hopefully not, they did say its from the new batch that has recently been manufactured and I will not have an issue. I do like how they emphasised I will not have an issue.

Reactions: DARKSeifer
Keep in mind you can upload your logs to a tool/service such as airdata where you can see much more than what the app shows, including virtual replay of the missions, what the sticks were doing and more.
Yup, I do know and already doing it but if the flight app itself does not record the flight, Airdata will not get the log. Today I did 3 flights and the Sky app only recorded one flight of 4 meters which showed me starting the flight in the middle of the sea. That total flight was like 7 km and over 30 minutes long doing random photos and videos

• Sad
Reactions: 30plusretlaw
Yesterday I used the original cable again and had zero disconnections, which led me to believe is the app. Also found a video of a nano+ disconnecting just like mine. The only thing that got me worried a little is that when I was going to try Hyperlapse and the drone disconnected it was just like 100 feet in top of me and I had a clear view of the drone and the drone was not accepting my commands until the app connected again. It just kept taking the same picture over and over. I will keep flying the Lite+ every day to see what happens. If this continues happening I will contact Autel care.

If this ever happens just tap on your map - Turn the drone around. Gain about 20m elevation and fly back to your home point on the map

Yesterday I used the original cable again and had zero disconnections, which led me to believe is the app. Also found a video of a nano+ disconnecting just like mine. The only thing that got me worried a little is that when I was going to try Hyperlapse and the drone disconnected it was just like 100 feet in top of me and I had a clear view of the drone and the drone was not accepting my commands until the app connected again. It just kept taking the same picture over and over. I will keep flying the Lite+ every day to see what happens. If this continues happening I will contact Autel care.
Hi

The app has no control over the flying of the drone. As a matter of fact you can fly the drone with no phone or device connected - The phone is just a screen to view the camera signal and to interact with the flight modes and drone settings. All lof the flying is done from the controller - Even if you unplug the phone mid flight you have full control over the drone

Hi

The app has no control over the flying of the drone. As a matter of fact you can fly the drone with no phone or device connected - The phone is just a screen to view the camera signal and to interact with the flight modes and drone settings. All lof the flying is done from the controller - Even if you unplug the phone mid flight you have full control over the drone
Yes, I learned that here, Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy